Rebekah Vardy is reportedly filing a £1million lawsuit against Coleen Rooney

The pair could end up in court

The “Wagatha Christie” scandal continues after it was reported Rebekah Vardy has filed legal papers against Coleen Rooney.

Rebekah is claiming Coleen “libelled or slandered” her on Instagram after Coleen accused Rebekah of leaking stories to the press from Coleen’s private Instagram account.

According to sources the case could end up costing Coleen and Rebekah £500,000 each.

Coleen accused Rebekah of leaking the stories in October 2019. The two reportedly tried to resolve the issue over video chat last month, however it didn’t end well.

Rebekah has consistently denied she leaked stories and is now launching the lawsuit in order to get a public apology and clear her name.

A source close to Rebekah said she isn’t worried about the money and just wants to change her reputation.

They said: “Becky has made it clear to Coleen that she is deadly serious about clearing her name, and wants a full public apology.

“It’s not about money. As far as Becky is concerned, she wants her costs and vindication.

“But since Coleen still refuses to agree to an apology, she’s gone ahead with filing the paperwork at the High Court.

“It’s a very expensive thing to do and the expectation is costs could run towards half a million pounds for each side but she’s completely determined to clear her name at any cost.”

The earliest the case would go to trial would be next year. Coleen has reportedly fired her legal team and replaced them with media law specialists.