Every salty thing Robert Pattinson has ever said about how much he hates Twilight

He ran out half way through the movie at THE PREMIERE!

There are a few things that are certain in life: death, taxes and Robert Pattinson’s utter revulsion at the very memory he once acted in the Twilight Saga. Arguably, in the Twilight universe only one of these is certain as vampires are immortal and the Cullens definitely don’t pay their taxes (have you seen that forest mansion? I’m calling time).

R Patz’s disdain, though, is unavoidable. He truly hates the movie series. He hates that he acted in it. He hates that people like it. Honestly sometimes his derision is so palpable I almost feel as though he hates… me?

This is because Robert Pattinson really makes no effort in hiding his disgust. His whole press tour for every Twilight movie was a drawn out version of the scene when he first sees Bella and nearly vomits. Some would argue that he should be grateful for a billion dollar franchise which made him famous in the first place and enabled him to do more serious acting, but Robert Pattinson doesn’t care for humility. He is done with being grateful. He just wants you to know HE HATES IT. Here are all the best times he has not-so-subtly let it slip that Twilight is the worst thing in the world and he really wishes he hadn’t contributed to its existence.

He ran out of the movie premier half way through the film

In the commentary of Twilight, during the scene when Bella and Edward go on their first date and he reveals he can read her thoughts, he says he left the screening at the premier because he couldn’t handle it anymore. I feel bad mainly for his mum who he took as his guest. Did she stay? Did she follow him out? We may never know.

via Buzzfeed

Actually, all of his commentary is golden. Here are some of the finer excerpts.

via Buzzfeed

via Buzzfeed

via Buzzfeed

via Buzzfeed

When he said the book shouldn’t have been published

He actually did read the book, though it’s likely he didn’t make it to the end, as he infamously said: “When I read it, it felt like a book that shouldn’t have been published.” Yikes. Stephanie Meyer must be feeling really attacked right now. I suppose she can wipe away those tears with hundred dollar bills, though.

He also told Variety he thinks the book premise is “weird”, saying: “It’s a weird story, ‘Twilight.’ It’s not just like – it’s strange how people responded a lot to it. I guess the books are very romantic, but at the same time, it’s not like ‘The Notebook’ romantic. ‘The Notebook’ is very sweet and heartbreaking, but ‘Twilight’ is about this guy, and he finds the one girl he wants to be with, and he also wants to eat her. I mean, not eat her, but drink her blood or whatever,” Pattinson said. “It’s not that other people are telling them they can’t be together, it’s his own body telling him that.” Sometimes I wonder if he hates it or really he is just deeply tired of trying to understand it so hard.

He thought the plot was ridiculous, especially the chewing through Bella’s placenta part

R Patz told W magazine in 2017: “If it hadn’t been so successful, I think people would have thought it was really weird. It’s a really weird story. But I think once it becomes mainstream, it’s difficult for people to see how strange the story is,” he said, specifically referencing the fourth and fifth films’ content. “It’s nuts. I had to give her a cesarean by chewing through a placenta. I don’t know the medical—how it works. But there was definitely chewing through something. No, it’s wild. Once you got it in your head you’re like, Oh, this is just the thing for little girls. And then, like, it’s kind of—it’s difficult to get past.”

He said if he had not starred in it, he would ‘mindlessly hate it’

He told Moviefone: “I think I am a judgmental and cynical person who would just mindlessly hate it without having seen anything; I just think I’m a bad person.” A point could be made that Pattinson actually already mindless hates it, despite actually starring in it.

Robert was nearly fired during filming the first movie because he was ‘too miserable’

He spoke on The Howard Stern Show about how his agents told him he needed to cheer up while filming on set because he was so close to being fired. He said he was just “too miserable” because he was so focused on making Edward a truly gloomy, “emo” character. They even sent him a revised script with every moment Edward smiles highlighted in a different colour, to encourage R Patz to be more upbeat.

He barely watched the movies, and claims he forgot his own character’s name

When asked if the fans remember the movies better than him, he says “Definitely. I’m struggling with character names – my own character name.” This could just be British humour but I’d still pay good money to watch R Patz take a Twilight trivia quiz.

He told Variety that he stopped ‘mentally progressing’ whilst filming Twilight

Just when you think he is done, he comes out with something like this. In an interview with Variety he talked how it felt like “not a day had passed” since filming the Twilight films, saying: “I think I stopped mentally progressing around the time when I started doing those movies.”

When he got nominated for Best Kiss with Kristen Stewart at the MTV awards so kissed Taylor Lautner instead

This man is either an expertly placed, genius PR puppet or he truly has a mind of his own. Maybe both?

He’s actually said so much negative stuff about Twilight that there was a whole Tumblr account dedicated to it

Via Tumblr

Ain’t nothing that happened back in 2010-2015 that had an interest to teenage girls without at least one Tumblr account being made about it. And R Patz’s disdain for Twilight was no exception. The blog is actually very much still alive, with the user resurrecting it after years of inactivity, just for this very moment: The announcement of a new Twilight book.

One can only imagine what’s going through Robert’s head at the moment. Perhaps he’s travelling to Rome to show his bare body in public and just let the fans take him.