Someone set up an Insta for Connell’s chain and it’s the best account I’ve ever followed

So much thirst, not enough pictures

The new BBC 3 show Normal People, based on the 2018 novel by Sally Rooney, has quickly become everyone’s lockdown TV binge watch, due to the addictive romance between the show’s protagonists, Connell and Marianne – and mainly well, the Irish god that plays Connell, Paul Mescal.

But now, someone has taken the Connell thirst to the next level by making an Instagram account for the chain Connell wears in Normal People. Despite only being made two days ago and only having ten photos, @connellschain now has 18.5k followers on Instagram and Vogue UK have written about it. This week has also seen sales of male neck chains to go up by 130% on ASOS. Is there anything Connell’s chain can’t do?

But let’s get into what you’re all here to see: Sexy images of Connell and his chain.

The pool water represents the tide of thirst we all feel for Connell and his chain.

A birds-eye view of Connell’s chain on his wet body? Yes please!

Is there anything better than a Connell chain and nip-slip combo??

Me staring at Connell’s chain wondering why it’s so sexy.

A perfect chain to go with a perfect smile. Sorry, I’m just in love.

People have been trying to get to the bottom of why Connell’s chain is quite so mesmerising and a psychologist thinks it’s because “Traditionally the chain has been associated with status, as it’s an outward demonstration of both wealth and achievement”: I think it’s fair to say Connell and his chain have won a high status in our hearts.

Normal People was too good not to binge and now we are thirsty for more Connell content but fear not as you’ll be able to get your Sally Rooney fix as her debut novel, Conversations with Friends, is currently being adapted for the screen, but sadly, Connell is not in it.