You’ll get your student loan next term, even if your uni has stopped teaching

This is a relief tbf

Students will continue to get their loans next term regardless of what their university is doing, the Student Loans Company has confirmed.

As universities move teaching online, offer students the opportunity to cancel their leases on halls, and shut down swathes of their campuses, the SLC has reassured students the money will still come in next term.

“SLC can confirm that students will receive their scheduled or next instalment of their maintenance loan at the planned start of their summer term, regardless of whether their university or provider has made alternative arrangements for teaching,” said information published on the gov.uk website on Friday.

Finance for next year is currently planned to proceed as normal, meaning as things stand, students starting now or in September will be able to apply for a student loan.

The SLC give no indication that repayments will be delayed, but do say repayments will automatically stop if your income drops below the earnings threshold.