What does ‘Bomboclaat’ even mean and why has it replaced Sco Pa Tu Manaa?

So many WORDS

Just when you thought you’d got your head around what Sco Pa Tu Manaa means, the phrase has been replaced. Introducing “Bomboclaat”: The new phrase everyone seems to be using on Twitter.

But what does it even mean? Where did it come from? How many more random words can Twitter turn into a meme?

What does Bomboclaat mean and where did the phrase come from?

According to Urban Dictionary, the word is Jamaican and is a curse word used when surprised or angry. The site says it is “equivalent” to fuck.

According to Know Your Meme, Bomboclaat can also be spelled Bumbaclaat, Bumbclaat or Bumbaclot. It is an expletive Jamaican Patwah slang word for a menstrual pad or toilet paper. The phrase is used as an insult or an interjection expressing disgust or anger.

However, the phrase has been turned into a meme where people caption photos with it, and it means something completely different. A lot of people are confusing the viral phrase with Sco Pa Tu Manaa, but the two memes are slightly different. Sco Pa Tu Manaa means what are your thoughts / share your opinions on the following picture. However, Bomboclaat means “caption this”.

The phrase was first posted on Twitter in September, and has now gone viral.

Bomboclaat, meme, explained, meaning, examples, origin, Jamaica, funny, memes, definition, phrase, start, Twitter

The first known use of the Bomboclaat meme was on September 3rd 2019. Twitter user @rudebwoy_lamz shared two images from the American animated comedy series CatDog with the caption “Bomboclaat”. The post received more than 13k likes and 3.3k retweets.

How does the viral meme work?

To join in on the viral meme, you just type out “Bomboclaat” and post an image alongside. Twitter then does its thing and replies with captions for the picture. The image is usually a funny reaction meme that’s easy to put a witty caption to.

Bomboclaat meme examples

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

Twitter really is a weird, weird place sometimes.