Image may contain: Grocery Store, Supermarket, Market, Shop, Person, Human

Boots is trialling student discount: Cheap meal deals and make-up for all!!!

The meal deal is now a whole 4p cheaper than Tesco’s

Every student loves milking their student status for discount as much as possible. Most high street retailers offer a student discount, and now it's Boots' turn to jump on the bandwagon.

Last week Boots launched a trial for student discount. Until July 31st, students can get 10 per cent off in store with an NUS or University ID, or online with Student Beans. You will be able to add your student discount to your advantage card, and on you'll get four points per £1 you spend. Neat.

This is very exciting news for pretty much anyone who likes to save money – and think of how much money you can save on gift sets at Christmas.

The discount extends to brands as well as own brand products. If you'd been considering wasting money on an overpriced object but hadn't wanted to spend £300, the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer will be a mere £270 for students.

Deliciously Ella's granola, that typical student fare, will now be only £3.59 instead of £3.99. Bargain.

Undoubtedly, 10 per cent off your meal deal is the best part of the news. The Boots meal deal is currently £3.29, but with the student discount, you'll be able to get your hands on it for £2.96. Boots will now be the cheapest meal deal on the high street, a whole 4p cheaper than Tesco. Grabbing a meal deal and some Boots' value health paracetamol for your hangover will save you a whole 6p.

The more you buy the more you save. Doing a toiletries top up will benefit you with the new student discount. A tube of Colgate, a can of Dove, some dry shampoo, a bottle of Radox and a pack of fancy Venus comfort glide razors will save you £1.82, and that's only £1 away from a meal deal.

Boots' marketing director Helen Normoyle said the company recognises the "value of the student market and want to help make life a little easier".

She added: "Whether it’s a meal deal to keep hunger at bay, a new look for the weekend or health and beauty essentials we want to help keep students looking and feeling great."

The scheme could become permanent after the trial ends in July.