Image may contain: Water, Sea, Outdoors, Ocean, Nature, Coast, Beach, Swimwear, Clothing, Bikini, Person, People, Human

This is how to get that 90s filter for your Instagram photos

It all makes sense now

You may have seen people posting photos on Instagram with a vintage filter that has a mysterious orange tint, blurred corners and a date in the bottom right hand corner.

But no, they haven't all randomly invested into vintage cameras. Turns out there's a new app called Huji, which can make all your photos look old-school.

And honestly it looks like it's gonna be the next big thing for anyone who cares about their Instagram aesthetic.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhZAeUnlg9R

Here's how to get it:

1. Download the app from the App Store. It's free but for £0.99 you can use the filter on any photos from your Camera roll. The free version will only let you take photos and develop them in real time (like a real camera.)

2. Open the app up and bring your eye close to the view finder.

Image may contain: Trademark, Logo

3. Take a picture (you can even take a selfie). Yes, I know I look dead in the eyes.

Image may contain: Person, People, Human

4. The photo will develop and will add a random light effect (you can turn this feature off.)

Voila, your picture will instantly look artsy and cool.

Image may contain: Pc, Laptop, Electronics, Computer, Sneaker, Shoe, Footwear, Clothing, Person, People, Human

The hipsters would never tell you they've found this app, so don't say we don't spoil ya.

Click here for a full guide on how to use Instagram, including other tips and tricks you might not know about.

Other stories about how Instagram works:

1) This is how Instagram ranks the viewer order on your Insta story

2) This is how you can find out how many people visit your Instagram profile

3) Here’s how to watch someone’s Instagram story without them seeing you’ve seen it

4) This is how to get that 90s filter for your Instagram photos