The fate of Fabric is to be decided at around 1am tonight

There is to be a seven-hour hearing held from 6pm

There are merely two hours until the start of the review hearing that will determine the fate of Fabric, held by Islington Council. Many are claiming that Fabric is the “last beacon of hope” for UK nightlife.

Fabric posted in a note on Facebook: “We want to take a moment to say thank you again for all the amazing support you’ve shown us over the last few weeks. We’ve really been touched to see that over 130,000 people believe that the club and London’s nightlife should be supported.”

The post continues: “The review hearing is tonight and we’ve been told that the hearing will last around 7 hours meaning the verdict is unlikely to be decided until around 1am. Lots of you have expressed your desire to come and support us on the night, however space is very limited and there is not enough room to accommodate everyone. So, as much as we would love for everyone who’s supported us to come we kindly ask you only attend if you are directly affiliated with us or who have been confirmed to speak by the licencing committee.

“You’ve all helped us immensely by signing and sharing the petition– so for this we would again sincerely like to thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.

“Sign and share the petition: change.org/savefabric.”

In May, Fabric was visited by an old polish couple

This has caused an emotional reaction from Fabric fans:

On 23rd August Fabric addressed the recent issues: “The safety of our customers is our number one priority. Since we opened our doors in 1999, we have always worked closely with the police and the licensing authority in adopting the most effective known techniques to reduce harm and prevent drug-related crime on our premises and we continue to look at new ways we can improve our processes. We currently have comprehensive drug reduction policies in place, including a pioneering system with the police to log and handover any drugs we confiscate.

“We know there are always areas where we can improve, and, following the recent tragic deaths, we are undertaking a thorough review of the lessons we can learn. As part of this we are independently reviewing all of our procedures to ensure that we have the best possible processes in place to keep our customers safe.”