All the Instagram accounts York students need to follow

An account for everyone from university news to college confessions

As a York student, Instagram is the place to be this year for your uni news. For everything from official university pages to the funniest confessions on campus- if you’ve just moved in or even if you’re in your last year here, it is one of the best platforms to stay connected. Whether you’re living that influencer life or just online for the banter, York is the perfect mix of aesthetic views and sometimes wild news to fulfil all your social media needs.

To help you stay up to speed with a wide range of York content, we’ve collected the best Instagram accounts to follow this year:

@longboiyork

Let’s address the duck in the room- it’s pretty much impossible to come to York without following our on-campus celebrity, usually spotted surrounded by freshers with cameras on Campus West.

Having arrived in the summer of 2019, Long Boi quickly rose to Instagram fame, amassing over 50,000 followers and earning himself the infamous blue tick, making it official that @longboiyork tops the charts at York, providing regular updates into the life of everyone’s favourite duck. You can also spot some of his flappy friends and pick up some of the best merch at York right now.

@yorkunisu

This one may seem obvious, but @yorkunisu is pretty much the go-to for all things society, official university news, and university wide events. Whether you’re looking for the best offers on campus food and drink, like the Courtyard’s 40p beans on toast, or if you want to know about student representative elections and community action, it’s a good idea to get following the student union. This account will help you to stay up to date on all things University of York- and if they don’t have the answers to your burning university questions, they’ll know who will!

@yorkparties

This one is especially useful for all the freshers out there. A quick and easy guide to student nights in the city, as well as information/tickets for special events and all the best club offers and drinks deals. Bonus points if you can get yourself featured after a night in Flares.

@uoyeatshopdrink

With such a mix of catered and self-catered accommodations on campus, as well as everyone who lives in the city, @uoyeatshopdrink is the easiest way to keep up to speed with the best places to eat and shop on campus. They feature the best deals and promote sustainability by highlighting the top ways to keep our campus eco-friendly.

@imjustyork_

@imjustyork_ is your first stop for all the juicy York gossip, featuring confessions, memes, and news with 300 posts and counting. It shares the good, the bad, and the ugly from all colleges on campus (though there are college confessions pages for seven of the 11, if you’re looking for something a little more niche), and is the place to go to reassure yourself that yes, we have all been there.

It is a private account, but well worth the little wait to be accepted. With over 9,000 followers to date and an anonymous submission platform, there really is a story for every occasion, from classic tales of the messiest nights out to fights between flatmates and university memes that leave us all asking for more.

College confessions pages

It’s no secret that the college system at York is fairly popular- and just like the freshers’ rivalry, there is some competition between the college confessions pages. As of this year, @vanbrughconfessions, @constantineconfessions, and @faxconfessions are considered the most popular college pages with the wildest stories, but there’s also @davidkatoconfessions, @annelisterconfessions, @alcuinconfessions_, and @langfess.

All of these accounts again have an anonymous submission platform, and post very regularly, so they are the perfect places to check out how your old college is getting on, or to try and spot yourself amongst the confessions (embarrassing or otherwise) posted every day. Are you the flat being ranted about by the people above for hosting pres again?

@theyorktab

Not to toot our own horn, but @theyorktab is really the place to be for everything from the latest student news, gossip, features, and York-based memes to keep every student in the know. It’s closely linked to the national Tab account and has nearly 7,000 followers so make sure to drop us a follow!