Image may contain: Dating, Man, Shirt, Door, Face, People, Shoe, Footwear, Jeans, Pants, Denim, Clothing, Apparel, Person, Human

First Dates is coming to UoY, and this is how you can get involved

Finish off second term with a bang

If your once-fave dating app just isn't living up to expectations anymore, York Sport Union have the answer for you. Hosted at The Lounge on the 12th March, you can enjoy "the most romantic evening of Week 10" (if that isn't enough, the free nibbles and all-night Happy Hour may sway you).

They have opened applications for the evening in which a suitable match is determined through the personal ratings/descriptions you give yourself. This – of course – including the most important "Salvos is scheduled into my weekly timetable" rating. Because if that isn't a deal breaker, what is?

Image may contain: Wedding, Overcoat, Coat, Suit, Gown, Robe, Fashion, Person, Human, Clothing, Apparel

A small donation of £3 is asked, which goes to support the International Justice Mission (IJM), an NGO focused on human rights and eliminating slave trade everywhere (find out more here).

What's more, for just £2 extra (which is still cheaper than a month of Tinder Plus subscription), you can request that a person you're crushing on is invited to the evening with you. Honestly, you need this – just staring at them at lectures alone won't work (sorry).

Time to clear your diaries, it's a date!!! You can find the facebook event here.