A hummus restaurant is opening in York next week

It literally only serves hummus

The entirely vegan restaurant Humpit, is opening on the 8th February on Church Street, York. It serves three dishes all priced at £4.50.

You can grab yourself a hummus bowl, salad bowl or pita, and top it off with spicy salsa, falafel, mushrooms and onions. They also serve fresh iced tea and juice-of-the-day.

It's economical, delicious and healthy all in one. The popular company already has food outlets in Sheffield and Leeds. The Leeds branch ranks number 9 out of 1,542 restaurants in the city.

Veganism is on the rise. The Vegan Society says the number of people identifying as vegan has more than tripled to half a million since 2006. There has been a notable lack of vegan options in many affordable restaurants. The news of Humpit coming to York, may just be the best news vegans and hummus lovers hear all year.

I like to humpit humpit i like to humpit

For those less willing to walk into town, Humpit will also be available on Deliveroo!

The hummus obsession continues.

The Tab York

last seen today at 02:08

Get breaking York news straight to your WhatsApp.

Find out everything going down on Hull Road, mad shit happening in Kuda, and which Friends character your college is. Straight into your DMs. 😘