Image may contain: Kicking, Person, People, Human

Literally just a list of the most beaut things to do in sunny Notts

Who needs revision anyway?

After recovering from 'the beast from the east' which left us all thinking we may never see the sun again, it seems that we might finally be getting some rays here in Nottingham.

So if you don't fancy being trapped inside 24/7 for revision or need some ideas for relaxing after exams then you've come to the right place, just sit back, relax and allow me to take you through the best places to fully soak in the Vitamin D before it inevitably snows again.

Go frolicking through Wollaton Park

An oldie but a goodie. If you haven't yet taken the perfect Instagram picture of the house and told everyone from home that it was used as Wayne Manor in Batman, then there is no better time than when the sun is shining. There's even a picnic site if you want to be extra and bonus Instagram points if the picture includes deer.

Row away from your deadlines on the campus lake

If physical activity in the sun is more your thing (side note: why) take a trip down to Highfield Lake where you and your friends can hire a boat to literally row away from your problems. The view from the water is the perfect place to contemplate how you survived the academic year and promise yourself that next term you'll sort yourself out and make all of your 9am lectures.

There's also adventure golf if you don't quite like the possibility of falling in.

Take in the culture at the Castle (and drink)

It's impossible to feel guilty about the lack of revision you've done if you're doing something cultural, like take a visit to the Nottingham Castle. Of course this involves taking a mandatory picture of the Robin Hood statue and pretending you actually care about the history of the castle instead of just avoiding all your deadlines so if it's culture you're looking for without the commitment then there's always Ye Olde Jerusalem just down the road. It's the oldest pub in England and honestly is it even a sunny day if you haven't celebrated with something alcoholic?

Go to the beach (and drink)

Okay so bear with me here. You might be thinking that being in the Midlands means Nottingham is a bit far from the beach, and you might have spent all your student loan before you could book a sunny holiday abroad, so what's the solution? Well between the 14th of July and the 2nd of September you really can pretend you're having the time of your life in Tenerife when Old Market Square gets transformed into a beach, complete with fairground rides and buckets and spades. The perfect place to celebrate post exams, and if the crowds are too much there's always 2 for £12 pitchers in spoons…

Now all that's left to do is grab the suncream and the ice cream and enjoy the sun!