10 Things To Do This Week

10 Things is back! Something for everyone with Varsity, Chinese New Year and Comedy Soc presents…

Ice Hockey Varsity @ Capital FM arena

Monday, face off 7.30pm, £7 (sold out)

It’s the first installment of the 2014 charity series that sees Uni of against Trent. It has sold out but you can keep up to date with all the drama from the rink on the Tab’s liveblog!

Your Dad works for my Dad

James Arthur @ Royal Concert Hall

Tuesday 8pm, £27.50

2012 X Factor winner comes to Notts with his UK tour following the success of his debut album in 2013. Let’s hope he doesn’t say anything controversial.

The Snowman @ Theatre Royal

Tuesday- Saturday, times vary, £16 plus (discounts for students)

If the January blues are getting you down, relive Christmas by going to see this snowy tale come to life on stage this week.

A post Christmas treat?

Lunchtime Concerts @ Djanogly Recital Hall

Tuesday and Friday, 1.15pm, free

Uni societies MUSSOC and BLOWSOC return with their free concert series with a choir concert on Tuesday and Nottingham Ladies Jazz Orchestra on Friday; be prepared, the latter is not what you think!

My Judy Garland Life @ Nottingham Playhouse

Friday to following Saturday, 7.45pm, £7.50 plus

In this age of ‘fan girl’ mania that follow One Direction et al, My Judy Garland Life ponders the joy and heartache of hero worship. There’s also a £5 student offer.

London Grammar @ Rock City

Friday, doors at 6.30pm

Uni of Nottingham alum are playing Rock City on Friday night on another sell-out tour.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6drfp_3823I[/youtube]

UoN Comedy Society Presents: Gags and Pints with a Vengeance @ The Den

Saturday, 7.15pm, £3 for non-members

Comedy Soc’s previous ‘Gags & Pints’ night was dubbed a “rectum removing riot” so many arses were laughed off. Well that’s something to live up to.

Guaranteed to have you in stitches

Chinese New Year @ Highfields Park and Lake

Sunday, 4.30 – 6.15pm, free

Celebrate the Year of the Horse with traditional lion and dragon dancing followed by a fireworks display.

The Horse symbolises a strong character with aspiration

Mooch Challenge @ Mooch

Not culture, but definitely something to do: the new eating challenge at Mooch is something to try. If you don’t fancy stuffing your face, they’ve overhauled their menu and it looks rather tasty.

American Football Varsity @ Harvey Hadden Stadium

Friday,  K.O 7pm, donations made on the evening

One of the most exciting events of the Varsity series. Half time includes a performance from the Nottingham Knights cheerleaders.