Image may contain: Person, People, Human

A guy proposed to his girlfriend in the smoking area of a club

And she said yes

F//ck Thursdays at Factory in Manchester got a whole lot more interesting this week when a guy actually proposed to his girlfriend in the smoking area.

Although perhaps not the most romantic place to get engaged, the guy's girlfriend looked over the moon as she said yes – even if he did put the ring on the wrong finger.

Despite the identities of the couple being unknown, Twitter users were quick to congratulate the couple, and comment on the heartwarming nature of the proposal.

But many people were also quick to share their own special memories of that romantic spot in the smoking area.

However, in an absolute twist of events, it turns out that this is actually the SECOND engagement to occur at Factory, according to the venue's team who told the Tab Manchester:

"This is the second engagement to occur at the venue… it must be the buildings lovely decor and sweaty atmosphere that gets couples feeling all romantic!

"Massive congratulations to the lovely couple, we wish them the best of luck and next time they visit a bottle of premium champagne awaits them."

Are you the couple in this video? Get in touch with The Tab Manchester via Facebook!