Mr. Scruff bans phones from the dance floor

He doesn’t care about your Snapchat story

DJ Mr. Scruff has banned people from using their phones at his night this weekend.

Local DJ Mr. Scruff is continuing his monthly residency, named Keep It Unreal, at Band on the Wall this Saturday after 16 years, alongside Jon K.

The night has banned boogiers from using cameras and phones on the dance floor so party-goers can “be in the moment.”

The Facebook event clearly says: “This is a non-mobile disco. Please don’t use cameras and phones on the dance floor.

“We ask this because we want the dancefloor to be a place where everyone can be in the moment.

“If you’re tweeting, texting, bidding for a pair of socks on eBay or taking a picture of your friends, you’re not only out of the moment, you also might be making it hard for someone else to be in the moment.”

Although the venue and Mr. Scruff himself stated you won’t need to hand the phone in when you arrive, the idea is that they are to rely on people’s “goodwill and peer pressure” to stop phone usage on the dance floor:

However this didn’t really seem to stop people in October’s performance – where some people could still be seen using their phones to take shameless selfies with their mates or pictures of Mr. Scruff on the dance floor.