Loughborough Rag’s Colour Dash in pictures

They raised more than £1,000

A Colour Run is more than just your average charity race, mostly because you get pelted with multicoloured paint the whole time.

Loughborough’s very own Colour Run took place last weekend, and Rag managed to raise an impressive £1,000 for Breast Cancer Now.

130 runners got covered in paint, and we’ve got the photos to prove it.

“The event went really well and everyone who did the run loved it – especially the paint throwing at the end to top it off!” said this year’s Head of Rag Rachael Lynch.”

She added: “We we fortunate to have it sponsored by Mrs Crimbles and even had £800 donated to us so we could run the event to put towards the cost of paint and t-shirts.

Rachael added: “We got the donation from Breast Cancer Now’s ‘Innovate Now Scheme’ which they ran to encourage Universities to put on events in aid of Breast Cancer. There was £2,000 to give away to five or six universities and we got £800 of it. We had to go down to London and pitch – myself, Danny Harvey and Jonny King.”

It looks like Rag could be holding more Colour Run again soon. Rachael said: “We’re definitely looking to run another one in October in Breast Cancer awareness month and hope that off the back off the Colour Dash race people will be more likely to sign up to other events with us in aid of Breast Cancer Now – such as the Prague Marathon, or London to Paris cycle.”

Thanks to Loughborough Rag for the photos.