Jack Mynott hit with two bans in the same day

He failed to declare his beanstalk

Yesterday, Jack Mynott, candidate for the Sport Executive Officer, was handed two bans for his failure to declare the beanstalk element of his costume.

Mynott was judged to have breached Rule 4.7 of the Candidates’ Pack and has been punished with sanctions against his campaign.

The rule states all campaign material must be declared to the Elections Committee for approval prior to its use.  This can be done either in committee or photo evidence before campaigning starts.  It is then down to the Committee to decide whether certain materials may be used by the candidates.

For his failure to declare all aspects of the costume in his budget, Mynott was handed two sanctions.

Firstly, he was given a 24 hour ban on wearing the beanstalk element.  This ban started at 2:30pm yesterday, and will continue until 2:30pm this afternoon.

Secondly, he received a four hour full campaign ban which lasted between 6pm and 10pm last night.

However, Mynott will be hoping his campaign isn’t affected too much as he continues in his bid to become the next famous giant slayer.

I can’t imagine Exec Election two-timer Luke Thomson is too worried though.