New look for Looga: Uni bosses announce rebrand plans

PLEASE do a ‘new look’ taxi service to lectures

The uni has announced that they are set to begin a huge rebrand.

Preparation is underway to replace the current visual identity and make it “dynamic, organic and invigorating”, in order to keep Luff at the pinnacle of a “highly competitive market”.

The plans for the university’s rebranding will incorporate the updating of the university’s logo, marketing materials, and its online and digital presence – all of which are important when portraying Loughborough to the world.

The university’s plans to rebrand will be unveiled at a presentation given to the staff on Monday 16th March.

The current uni design was created in 1996 and is said to “not work well in today’s online environment.”

The new design will use the traditional university crest, which dates from the beginning of the university.

University chiefs expect costs to be minimal, it can be anticipated that following the meeting of Council this month it will begin its rebrand.

However, uni bosses have taken the decision not to undertake a wide-ranging consultation to reduce the number of iterations and minimise the potential cost of developing and implementing the numerous changes.

A statement from the university said: “By 2017, over 70% of consumer-based internet traffic will be video/image-based and it’s important therefore that we take advantage of the advances in technology and that the university’s new visual identity can reflect this shift.”