The London Tab is looking for new writers, and we want you!

Come meet us on 21st March at 7pm in UCL’s Institute Bar

Looking to meet new people, create cool content, and be the first to know all the latest news in London? The London Tab is looking for new team members, and we want you!

The London Tab is written by London students and for London students. We will be kicking off with an open meeting on Tuesday, 21st March at 7pm at UCL’s Institute Bar. You can DM us on Instagram to find out more.

Whether you are an aspiring journalist, hilarious writer, meme maker, content creator, or TikTok fanatic, anyone and everyone are welcome to come along and meet our editors. And the best bit is: you don’t need any experience.

Who we are and how we work

The London Tab (or The Tab London) is part of The Tab: a national young people-run media covering student and youth culture with over 10 million monthly readers.. We’re noted by big names like The Guardian and The New York Times, and many Tab grads go into journalism at these notable publications.

We’re passionate about telling stories young Londoners care about in a style they want to read – i.e. ditching the academic jargon and suiting young people’s ever-shortening attention span.

As a writer, you’ll join us in dishing out the latest London trends, making fun quizzes, sharing the hottest takes on current events, covering protests on the ground, and being among the first to break student-related news from as little as Twitter screenshots.

With a combined following of 26,000+ and some of our stories getting 10,000+ reads a week, we’re one of the easiest ways to get your voice heard and start as a student journalist.

Some examples of articles you can write for us include:

London students set their flat on fire after turning a toaster on its side trying to make a toastie

Quiz: Design a London night out and we’ll tell you what 2014 Tumblr musician you are

For the love of memes: We spoke to students behind UCL’s most popular meme page

The sexiest UOL degrees, ranked definitively

‘Down with n*****s, white power’: Inside the racist Queen Mary Uni group chat

London uni sent email ‘in error’ that appeared to reject applicant because they’re Russian

UCL Women’s Lacrosse allegedly tried to remove player after she reported sexual assault

UCL student seriously injured after being hit in the eye with firework at Netball and Rugby social

Clubbers of the week: Scala edition

How to get involved

You don’t need any experience as a writer to join us – only the fortune (misfortune?) of being a London student and a passion for good stories. Our local editors and journalists from The Tab’s national HQ will get you started and help you with anything you need.

If this sounds fun to you or if you just want to know more, we look forward to seeing you at 7pm next Tuesday, 21st March at UCL’s Institute Bar. If you’re unable to make the meeting but still want to get involved just drop us a message on Instagram or Facebook.

Queen Mary Students’ Union to adopt fully plant-based catering

Police called to University College London’s campus over suspected trespassing

Some women you might not have known to have paved the way for uni education in London