Headingley takeaway wins British Kebab Award

The Oscars of drunk food

While the world had its eyes on Hollywood on Sunday Night, a much more inspiring award ceremony took place in London. That can only be, The British Kebab Awards.

The awards ceremony was presented by Radio 1 DJs Scott Mills and Chris Stark and featured no announcement mix-ups like The Oscars.

Headingley kebab shop, I am Doner, picked up the first award of the night for Best Delivery. They were also nominated for Best Newcomer/Takeaway outside London and Best Regional Takeaway but failed to win those categories.

The British Kebab Awards are so popular that even the PM wrote a letter of support and last year’s event was even attended by Jeremy Corbyn.

Speaking to The Tab, I am Doner said: “We are very honoured to have received the award, it’s fantastic that all the hard work and effort hasn’t gone un-noticed and we hope we can continue to provide this high level of service to all of our customers”.

Although this suggestion may seem controversial, next time you’re  drunk and hungry maybe you should be a bit adventurous and skip Crispy and instead get a kebab delivered from I am Doner. It’s the best delivery in the UK after all.