Exeter ranked in the top 20 UK universities, according to new league table

Here’s one to tell the grandparents x

Exeter University secured 11th place in the The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide for 2024, up by two places from last year – we love some personal growth!

Exeter scored a whopping total score of 790, which is a big slay. However, it pains me to say that Exeter’s total score was 24 points behind Loughborough. I need to sit down for a minute.

You’ll be glad to know we did top Loughborough in some aspects. Exeter’s research quality, 57.5 per cent is five per cent higher than Loughborough, meaning that our ability to discover new knowledge is far higher. Exeter also scored 89.5 per cent in students who got a First/2:1 at the end of their degree, which is 1.2 per cent higher than Loughborough. A win is a win.

For student experience, Exeter scored 75.5 per cent, which is higher than LSE, Imperial, UCL, as well as Durham, who all ranked higher than Exeter overall. So, Exeter students view their interactions with the uni as very positive overall.

Other categories saw Exeter score 75.3 per cent in teaching quality, 85.7 per cent in graduate prospects, and 97.2 per cent in continuation rate. Hopefully, that means most of us will have something going on for us once we graduate, fingers crossed.

Exeter can also add runner-up to University of the Year to its trophy cabinet – one to gloat to your Oxbridge mates about, for sure.

Exeter lives to slay another day in the top 20 UK universities 2024

University of Exeter ranked in UK top 20 in new uni league table

Exeter has placed fourth best area in the UK for accommodation agencies