Exeter has placed fourth best area in the UK for accommodation agencies

Who knew Exeter was a good place to live?

Exeter has served up yet another reason to brag to all your home friends: “Rah, daddy got me into Exetah”. Letting agencies in Exeter have earned an impressive average rating of 4.41 out of 5 from 3,626 reviews, securing the fourth spot across the UK for the best accommodation agencies.

The average ratings reflect the communication, maintenance and positive living experience offered by accommodation agencies of each city. For these qualities, I couldn’t fault my agency. Exeter definitely deserved this incredible rating!

With a heavy heart and a big grin, I would like to reveal that Loughborough, the purple-blooded town, didn’t even make it into the top 10. This is likely because the study conducted by Uswitch.com only compared university cities with more than 3,000 available student properties – still, Loughborough could never.

Uswitch revealed that 17 per cent of UK landlords own property in the South West, second only to the South East region at 26 per cent. This popularity amongst landlords combined with Exeter’s talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping average rating earned the city a reputation as a landlord’s goldmine according to IFA magazine.

Exeter lost only to Bath, Plymouth and Bristol respectively, by differences of a mere 0.04 in the average ratings. Not too shabby, if you ask me.

A shoutout to all the Oxford rejects among you who can now sleep a little easier knowing that your dream university ranked tenth in the ratings, a whole 0.13 lower than our Surrey-ridden city. It’ll be comforting to know that people now might believe you a fraction more when you say: “I’m actually really glad I didn’t get in.”

With faith in these statistics, I look forward to nothing but the same for us all this upcoming year.