Police renew appeal for missing student Antoine Maury

He has been missing since Monday 24th October

Police are continuing to appeal for information on the whereabouts of Edinburgh college student Antoine Maury, who went missing in the Duddingston area last Monday.

The last sighting of Antoine was between 10.45pm and 11pm when a topless man matching his description was seen near to the Duddingston Village area, heading into Holyrood Park. He had been with friends at Edinburgh College’s Milton Road East Campus, until 10pm when he suddenly left them.

Antoine is French and described as a white man with a medium build. He is around 6ft in height and has short brown hair, a beard and a fair complexion. He also has a tattoo of a bleeding hand on his forearm.

He was last seen wearing a brown/ green bomber jacket with dark coloured chinos and a white beanie hat. He is also believed to have been wearing black and white Vans trainers.

Antoine suffers from poor eyesight and usually wear glasses, however officers believe he is without them.

Officers are continuing their search for Antoine, with plans for the Police Scotland Marine Unit to be out again Duddingston Loch as well as police searchers out in Holyrood Park.

On Saturday October 29 and Sunday, October 30, around 100 volunteers, including his family, joined officers in the search to find Antione. This resulted in searches being completed in the areas around Duddingston Golf Club and Holyrood High School.

According to the Daily Record, his parents, Pascal and Laura Maury, have said how they are desperate to find their son: “We are desperate to find Antoine and are appealing to anyone who might have information as to where he is or know if someone is sheltering him.

“We want him to know that we love him, he is not in trouble and for him to come home. We ask that anyone living in the area to please check their outbuildings and garages again to confirm that Antoine is not hiding there.”

Chief Inspector Kevin McLean, who is leading the search to find Antoine, said: “Antione has now been missing for a week and it is imperative that we find him.

“I would like to thank the members of the public who came to the Duddingston area at the weekend to help us find Antoine. This activity was essential and is very much appreciated.

“I would again urge anyone who lives in the Duddingston Village area to check their gardens and outhouses, as this may lead us to discovering Antoine whereabouts.

“I would also ask regular users of the park who were there last week to think back and ask if themselves they saw Antoine.

“This continues to be a live investigation and as we carry on our search to find Antoine. Anyone who still has information that can further our investigation is asked to get in touch with us as soon as possible.”

Those with information can contact Police Scotland on 101. Information can also be passed through the charity Missing People on 116 000.