Wales vs England match is going ahead following a meeting between players and rugby bosses

It comes as over 100 players attended the meeting at the Vale Hotel

The Wales vs England game will be going ahead this Saturday (26th February) following a meeting between over 100 rugby players, WRU bosses, and Professional Rugby Board (PRB) members.

The decision was confirmed this evening by WRU’s CEO, Nigel Walker.

The players have been in talks all day over contract issues. and there has been uncertainty surrounding players’ futures when their contracts end in a few months time.

The main issue comes from the fact that the WRU has not signed off on its six-year agreement with the four Welsh professional sides: Cardiff, Ospreys, Dragons, and Scarlets, and although there has been months of discussion, the deadline for signing is fast approaching.

Other issues included players wanting representation at PRB meetings, the removal of the 60-cap rule, and changes to fixed variable contracts so that players may receive 80 per cent of their salary fixed and 20 per cent based on win bonuses. However, the final point seemed to be the most difficult issue to resolve during today’s meeting.

Today marked the deadline for the disputes to be resolved and according to Sky Sports, the players’ issues have been resolved.