Town Square have announced their new takeaway service – Goojum

Well this looks familiar…

This morning, Town Square have revealed their new takeaway brand, “Goojum” via a Facebook post.

The team behind the Botanic Avenue hotspot which is a favourite with local students say that the creative carry-out service has been designed to advertise their “famous goujons,” as well as coffee and s’mores which are also available to purchase.

After “months”of developing a trade name and operation logistics, “Goojum” launched earlier today at 12pm. Orders can be made in store to take out or via Deliveroo.

In light of the recent circuit breakdown restrictions put in place by Stormont on 27th November, pubs and other hospitality services will remain closed for business until 11th December (apart from those who are able to provide takeaways).

These restrictions have also been extended to non-essential retail stores too.

Missing Town Square? The team have you sussed for goujons galore via Deliveroo or collection

Speaking to The Belfast Tab, a spokesperson for Town Square said, “We’ve obviously been forced to constantly re-think and adapt our model in response to the never ending changes from our politicians.”

They also explained their new “Goojum” logo which many of us may find familiar. They said that, “This week, we’ve decided to launch a limited takeaway menu.

We’ll be open for coffees, s’mores and our famous goujons! We decided to have a bit of fun with a new takeaway brand, ripping off our pals at Boojum! Hopefully Boojum take it in good humour!”

With these additional laws scheduled to end in less than two weeks, many businesses such as Town Square are trying to make the most of the services that they are legally allowed to provide.

Although it can involve re-structuring normal trading, companies are determined to retain some sort of income, especially during the Christmas period.

Town Square have quickly became a hit online with their no strings attached response to mixed messages from the Northern Ireland Executive.