Queen’s Students’ Union are running consent workshops as part of their Choice & Consent Campaign this week

They’ll be hosting a roundtable on consent and a workshop on pro-choice activism

This week QUBSU launches it's first ever 'Consent & Choice Week,' a campaign dedicated to issues of sexual consent and abortion access.

There are events running from Monday – Thursday, led by Rachel Powell, who is the Equality & Diversity Student Officer, and Jessica Elder, who is the Student Officer for Welfare and responsible for Project Choice and SWAG.

Image may contain: Bottle

On Tuesday there will be a 'Consent is BAE' workshop, held in Enterprise SU, which is described as being an "informative, fun and interactive workshop" where participants and consent ambassadors will "bust myths about consent, talk about active communication, look at some real life scenarios and read about what other students across the country are saying about consent."

Wednesday will see campaigners hand out information in the SU foyer, discussing the QUBSU campaigns Consent is BAE and Project Choice. They'll also provide advice from external groups such as Alliance for Choice, Family Planning Association, NEXUS NI, NUS-USI and USI.

Image may contain: Room, Indoors, Classroom, Pc, Laptop, Electronics, Computer, Person, People, Human

QUBSU's pro-choice campaign has been praised by past students and pro-choice campaigners, who emphasised how significant it is to have the Students' Union's support on abortion access:

Image may contain: Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure, Text

According to the QUBSU website, they are committed by policy to campaign for the full decriminalisation of abortion in Northern Ireland. In line with this vision, they have organised two events surrounding the issue. Wednesday will see a 'Choice Roundtable' in which choice and how to be an ally will be discussed.

The final event of the week is Thursday's workshop with Alliance for Choice – a local pro-choice activist group.