Ryan Stephen MAFS UK

Ryan points out ‘irony’ in Stephen saying MAFS isn’t ‘swingers party’ then pursuing Sionainn

‘Bro code had been broken’

Last night’s MAFS UK retreat dinner party gave us so many twists and turns that I was genuinely in shock for the entire episode, especially with the whole Stephen and Ryan situation.

Many viewers pointed out that the MAFS UK cast was being particularly hypocritical with their behaviour during the episode, such as Holly being seemingly fine with Stephen saying he’d want to crack on with Sionainn despite her berating Hannah for the same thing.

Via Channel 4

They also pointed out that on the boy’s day Stephen very much said he didn’t want to step on anyone’s toes and that at the end of the day, MAFS UK isn’t a “swingers party.”

However, just one day after that statement Stephen then boldly proclaimed he’d be keen on getting to know Sionainn better if her husband Ryan didn’t turn up to dinner following their argument. Talk about irony.

Well, Ryan has now released a statement on the whole situation with Stephen during the MAFS UK retreat, slamming him for breaking the “bro code.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by RYAN LIVESEY (@ryanlivesey95)

He wrote on his Instagram: “Walking in yesterday on my own was tough. The anxiety was overwhelming, and I felt nervous about the situation. After lads’ and girls’ day, we had our first disagreement, and the thought of leaving the experiment crossed my mind.

“But, as with any relationship, bumps in the road are expected. I’m here to learn and grow as an individual. When I saw Sionainn, I instantly knew I wanted us to get back to the happy place we were in.

“On lads’ day, no one showed interest in pursuing someone else’s wife, and a comment was made about it not being a “swingers party.” Ironically, the same husband who made that comment planned to make a move on my wife if I hadn’t shown up to the dinner party.

“Later, I was pulled aside for a man-to-man conversation, where I was told the rumours I’d heard were taken out of context. I accepted this and moved on, but then I found out that wasn’t the case. I felt lied to. Bro code had been broken.”

For all the latest MAFS UK 2024 cast member news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook