lana del rey side quests

Did you know there’s a tunnel under Waffle House? Lana Del Rey’s most insane side quests

Her commitment to being chaotic is unmatched

Lana Del Rey is one of the most influential and loved singers of our generation, without a doubt. But, her music is only half of what makes her so iconic: The other half is her commitment to being the most whimsical and random human alive. Her lyrics will tell you a lot about her life, but they miss out a few things, like when she met an ex on Hinge, or started a career at Waffle House. Here’s a very chaotic rundown of all the insane side quests Lana Del Rey has found herself in.

Working at Waffle House

Last summer, it seemed like Lana was ready to quit music and begin a new career at Waffle House. She was spotted by many fans working in the American chain restaurant, living a normal life. The best thing about this is she actually looks like she’s having the best time. Whatever keeps you busy queen!

Signing a fan’s stolen poster

In a continuation of her Waffle House era, she signed this huge signed STOLEN poster for two fans after a shift last summer. The poster was originally up on a wall for the promotion of her album, Did you know there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd, but she happily obliged in their request.

Casting a spell on Donald Trump

Yes, she may have tried to hex Donald Trump during the 2016 election, but she would actually describe herself as being just “a bit of a mystic at heart.” She asked her Twitter followers to all collect “ingredients” to hex him in 2017, and when asked why, she said “Yeah, I did it. Why not? Look, I do a lot of s**t.” This is the most iconic way she could have responded to that.

Marrying an alligator tour guide

Out of all the Lana Del Rey side quests, this one is definitely the most chaotic. It was pretty hard to miss the news that Lana married an alligator tour guide, who she’d claimed she was never even dating.

Meeting her ex fiancĂŠe on Hinge

Imagine sending Lana Del Rey a rose! After swiping right, she found her Mr Right (or an ex Mr Right), Clayton Johnson and actually got engaged to him. Their engagement was confirmed in 2020 when she showed off her ring on The Tonight Show, but the pair split up.

Dating a TV cop

In other chaotic dating news, Lana dated TV cop Sean Larkin who used to star in Live PD. Lana told the New York Times that they broke up due to scheduling conflicts and they “still talk and whatnot, we just have busy schedules right now.” However, she seemed to shade him when performing Chemtrails Over The Country Club back in 2023. She changed the lyrics which were originally “you’re born in December and I’m born in June,” to “He’s born in December and he got married when we were still together.” Sounds MESSY!

This picture of her inside a shopping cart in a random street in Rio De Janeiro

lana del rey side quests

via Reddit

I have absolutely NO context to this photo. The most mysterious side quest by miles.

When she bought a dress from the mall to the 2020 Grammys

2020 was a huge year for Lana at the Grammys, as it was the first year she was nominated in all major categories. She looked beautiful, but when asked where her dress came from, she admitted she’d picked it up from the mall on her way here. Honestly so real from her.

When she roasted the entire female music industry in an Instagram post

Lana went on a huge rant on Instagram about how her music was deemed to be “glamourising abuse” but other women were singing about “being sexy” and that was okay. She definitely had valid opinions about the way her music had been criticised, but there was no real need to call out many other successful women in the industry. Although, Lana being Lana, she bounced back from this like nothing ever happened.

‘Feminism is just not an interesting concept, I’d rather talk about intergalactic possibilities’

In 2014, Lana said in an interview with Fader magazine that feminism “is just not an interesting concept” to her, and she’d rather talk about “intergalactic possibilities.” I mean, girlboss feminism was a completely different thing in 2014 – it wasn’t the most interesting of topics. But Lana, what does that even mean?! Somebody get this woman enrolled at NASA.

‘I won’t not f**k you the f**k up’

This iconic quote comes from one of the most random side quests where Lana Del Rey had beef with Azealia Banks over the chaotic politics of 2020. Azealia called Lana a “typical white woman” who was “using a weakened target to ‘pretend’ to be an ally.” Lana responded to this by saying “I won’t not f**k you the f**k up. Period.”