Mel Schilling MAFS UK 2024

Mel Schilling opens up on ‘incredibly challenging’ cancer battle whilst filming MAFS UK 2024

She was going through chemotherapy for the whole of the new series

MAFS UK 2024 expert Mel Schilling has opened up on how “incredibly challenging” it was having to film for the new series whilst also undergoing treatment for her cancer. She was diagnosed with cancer nine months ago and had surgery for it back in January, returning to film for MAFS just 20 days later.

At the time, Mel was concerned that she was worried her condition would be she wouldn’t be able to fulfil her work commitments, but that being around the cast of MAFS gave her a “boost of energy.”

She explained how the chemotherapy had affected her, describing: “What I’ve learnt is that there are lots of different types of chemo, I have bowel or colon cancer, so the type of chemo I have doesn’t really make me sick, it’s not going to make me lose my hair.

“I have other side effects like tingly fingers, that’s a funny one, and I am very sensitive to cold – so I have to wear gloves quite a lot – and just a little bit tired.”

Mel Schilling also revealed how “challenging” it was having to go through chemotherapy whilst filming for MAFS UK 2024, explaining: “I was going through chemo the whole time we were filming the UK series. The team was just crowding around me to give me as much flexibility and support as they possibly could. They really cared for me. It wasn’t easy, but it was so wonderful to be able to work because it enabled me to still feel like me.”

However, she has now successfully completed all of her treatments and it looks like things are only on the up for the MAFS expert, as she revealed: “I would say I have almost all my energy back, so I’m starting to feel like me again.” I can’t wait to see Mel back on our screens again soon when she dishes out some truly legendary advice to the couples.

For all the latest MAFS UK 2024 cast member news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook