All the rules and games fully explained as Squid Game: The Challenge drops on Netflix

The creepy doll is back, and so are some of the original games

After it being spoken about for what seems like forever, Squid Game: The Challenge has finally dropped on Netflix. Inspired by the TV series, but this time real-life contestants compete in a series of high-stakes children’s games in pursuit of a cash prize.

Oh yeah, that Netflix drama where everyone died? Yeah that one. Of course, in the Netflix reality version when they say contestants get “eliminated” as they go along, we’re assuming they don’t get killed, but one person will go on to become victorious.

So, as you get ready to become obsessed with another strange reality show, here’s everything you need to know about Squid Game: The Challenge, which is available on Netflix now.

Squid Game: The Challenge on Netflix, rules and games

via Netflix

Right, what actually is Squid Game: The Challenge and what are the games?

In short, The Challenge version of Squid Game is like the original show, minus the death, and with real life people. Through a series of games, each player is pushed to their limits and forced to ask themselves just how far they’ll go to win. Remember how hard it was to watch the characters in Squid Game betray one another as time went on? Yep, there’s plenty of that.

The Red Light, Green Light doll is back – and the episode titles are:

• Episode 1: Red Light, Green Light
    Episode 2: The Man with the Umbrella
    Episode 3: War
    Episode 4: Nowhere to Hide
    Episode 5: Trick or Treat
    Episode 6: Goodbye
    Episode 7: Friend or Foe
    Episode 8: One Step Closer
    Episode 9: Circle of Trust
    Episode 10: One Lucky Day

via Netflix

One of the games is actually an intellectual game – a three-dimensional version of Warships – in place of tug of war, which is physical. The Dalgona cookie challenge is also back, as is the marble game and a final bridge challenge. Another game sees players try to pick up blue bears, and another where the contestants are stood in tiny boats on a human-sized board game.

Who are the contestants?

There are 456 players in Squid Game: The Challenge, and they are from locations all over the world. There are 316 US players, 99 from the UK, nine from Canada and others from countries such as New Zealand, Australia, France, Brazil, Italy and more.

Most of the contestants are in their 20s (173 players), but there are also 139 players in their 30s, 63 in their 40s, 51 in their 50s, 25 in their 60s and even five players who are over 70.

via Netflix

What’s the Squid Game: The Challenge prize fund?

The show is the biggest reality competition ever – the 456 players compete to win $4.56million, which is Netflix’s largest cash prize in reality TV history. Each player’s elimination is worth $10k.

Watch the trailer for Squid Game: The Challenge here

I’m ready for it!

Squid Game: The Challenge is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.