wednesday cast

Just a list of all the major Hollywood A-listers starring in Netflix’s Wednesday

Catherine Zeta-Jones as Morticia? I’m SOLD

Feels like we’ve been waiting absolutely ages for Netflix’s Wednesday Addams series to drop – but, good news. We’ve only got six more days to go!

Fans of the Addams Family will be treated to an in-depth look at Wednesday’s school days, from navigating new people to stopping literal killing sprees. Halloween may have been-and-gone, but, frankly, I’m so ready to get spooky again.

The series premiered in Hollywood last night (16th November), and we got to see how star-studded the cast truly is. Sufficed to say, this could be one of the best Netflix shows of the year. So, here’s every single a-lister in the Wednesday cast:

Jenna Ortega – Wednesday Addams

wednesday addams

Photo via Netflix

Jenna had humble beginnings in kids’ TV roles before becoming the household name she is today. Her breakthrough came when she starred in Disney’s Stuck in the Middle, which aired from 2016 to 2018. She also had a main voice-acting role as Elena of Avalor on Disney Junior until 2020. This year, she featured in the Scream remake, playing Tara Carpenter, as well as being set to star in Scream 6, premiering in 2023.

Gwendoline Christie – Larissa Weems

gwendoline christie

Photo via Netflix

The ethereal Gwendoline Christie is best-known for playing Brienne of Tarth in Game of Thrones, and she starred in that role for seven years. During her time in the series, she also featured in films like Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Welcome to Marwen (alongside Steve Carrell) – even the Ab Fab movie, which is pretty legendary if you ask me! Gwendoline also played Lucifer in Netflix’s Neil Gaiman adaptation, The Sandman.

Catherine Zeta-Jones – Morticia Addams

wednesday cast

Photo via Netflix/@catherinezetajones on Instagram

You must be living under a rock if you’ve never heard of the ICON that is Catherine Z-J. She’s one of the select few actors who has an entire Wikipedia page *just* dedicated to her film credits. You’ll absolutely recognise her as Velma Kelly from Chicago – but also High Fidelity, The Mask of Zorro and Rock of Ages. When is a camp noughties film not a camp noughties film? When Catherine Zeta-Jones isn’t playing a main role, obvs.

Riki Lindhome – Dr. Valerie Kinbott

Riki’s one of those faces you’ll recognise because she’s been in the game for ages, but has only really come to prominence in the last few years. She had minor roles in shows like Gilmore Girls, Pushing Daisies, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Modern Family, before moving on to bigger things. In 2019, she played Donna Thrombey in Knives Out, as well as taking on a main voice role in Amy Poehler’s Duncanville. As a side-hustle, she stars as one-half of the comedy duo Oates and Garfunkel.

Christina Ricci – Marylin Thornhill

christina ricci

Photo via Netflix

Wednesday Addams – the original, you might say. Christina played the character way back in 1991, and again two years later. The role absolutely launched her career at just 11 years old, and saw her get FOMO-inducing roles in films like Casper, Sleepy Hollow and Little Red Riding Hood. Of late, Christina has been focusing on having a huge TV career (she could get any role she wanted, let’s be honest – she’s Christina bloody Ricci). She had a main role as Misty in Yellowjackets, and she’ll play Marylin Thornhill as a fun Easter egg in Netflix’s Wednesday.

Luis Guzmán – Gomez Addams

Luis has played small roles in several huge Hollywood films, like We’re the Millers and Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events. But Netflix’s Narcos really elevated his profile beyond imagination. Since then, he’s had significant roles in Shameless US and NBC’s The Resort, alongside The Good Place’s William Jackson Harper. I’m excited to see how he’ll treat the amazingly iconic role of Gomez Addams.

Fred Armisen – Uncle Fester

wednesday cast

Photo via Netflix

Fred will be taking the baton from Nick Kroll who played Fester in 2019’s Addams Family remake. Turns out, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. If you don’t recognise Fred Armisen by face, you’ll definitely know his voice from Kroll’s (really) adult animated series Big Mouth. He plays Elliot Birch, main character Nick’s sex-mad dad. He also had a main role in the iconic Toast of Tinseltown – the Toast of London Hollywood spin-off.

Wednesday will be available to stream on Netflix from 23rd November. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.