Meet the cast of Netflix’s new fantasy series The Bastard Son and The Devil Himself

Nadia, who plays Annalise, used to date Tom Holland!!

Netflix’s latest YA fantasy series has just dropped and the cast are an absolute vibe. The new show is based on a novel by Sally Green called Half Bad and it follows Nathan Byrn, the illegitimate son of the world’s most dangerous witch, Marcus Edge. Nathan struggles with turning out like his father but he and his friends later discover “who he really is”. The cast is full of familiar faces as well as fresh news ones. Meet the truly wicked cast of Netflix’s The Bastard Son and The Devil Himself:

Jay Lycurgo as Nathan Byrn

The main character Nathan Byrn is played by Jay Lycurgo. Nathan is a teenager who has been raised in a family of witches, with his father said to be the cruellest blood witch in the world. Nathan is closely monitored by those around him as they fear he may turn out like his father.

Viewers may recognise Jay for his role as Marcus in the 2020 drama I May Destroy You. He also starred in the HBO Max series Titans as Tim Drake and starred alongside Robert Pattinson in The Batman.

Nadia Parkes as Annalise O’Brien

Annalise is a young girl who becomes friends with Nathan after escaping from the Council of Fairborn Witches. She is played by Nadia Parkes who viewers may recognise from Doctor Who as Claire Clairmont. She also played the role of Rosa de Vargas in The Spanish Princess from 2019 to 2020.

Emilien Vekemans as Gabriel

Emilien Vekemans takes on the role of Gabriel, a charismatic witch who Nathan also forms an alliance with after escaping the Council of Fairborn Witches. Vekemans has starred in a French series and films including Zoufs and Transferts.

David Gyasi as Marcus Edge

Marcus Edge is Nathan’s father who is the most dangerous blood witch. Viewers will recognise David for his roles in The Sandman, Doctors and Maleficent: Mistress of Evil.

Isobel Jesper Jones as Jessica Byrn

Jessica is Nathan’s older half-sister and they don’t have the best relationship in the world. Jessica is played by Isobel Jesper Jones and The Bastard Son and The Devil Himself is her first TV role. Isobel is set to star in the upcoming Hunger Games film alongside Rachel Zegler and Hunter Schafer.

Paul Ready as Soul O’Brien

The Bastard Son and The Devil Himself cast

via Netflix

Soul is Annalise’s uncle and he is played by Paul Ready. Paul has a string of acting credits to his name, including Utopia, Motherland and The Tunnel. Paul also starred in the BBC drama Bodyguard as Rob MacDonald.

Karen Connell as Ceelia

Karen Connell plays the role of Ceelia, a fairborn witch who Nathan is sent to live with. Netflix fans will recognise Karen from her role in Vikings: Valhalla as Bulsa.

Kerry Fox as Esmie

Esmie is another character in The Bastard Son and The Devil Himself as she is played by Kerry Fox. Kerry has starred in a series of TV shows and movies and fans may recognise her from Conversations with Friends, Death in Paradise and The Ferryman.

Fehinti Balogun as Bjorn

Bjorn is another character in The Bastard Son and The Devil Himself and he is played by Fehinti Balogun. Like his co-star, Fehinti also starred in I May Destroy You. Viewers may also recognise him from the movie Dune.

Liz White as Penelope

Liz White stars as Penelope and she is best known for her roles in Ackley Bridge, Call the Midwife, Line of Duty and Doctor Who.

Róisín Murphy as Mercury

Róisín Murphy stars as Mercury in The Bastard Son and The Devil Himself and this will be her first TV role. Róisín is best known as an Irish singer-songwriter and has released her own albums including Overpowered, Ruby Blue and Roisin Machine.

The Bastard Son and The Devil Himself is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.