kanye

From Kim Kardashian to Hailey Bieber: Every celebrity who’s spoken out against Kanye West

‘You need help. Your children need help. It’s terrible’

People and brands alike are boycotting Kanye West over his anti-Semitism at long last. After a long history of spouting offensive, hateful and violent opinions, the rapper has finally been banned from each of his social media platforms; as well as losing millions of pounds in revenue from brands severing ties. The change came after Kanye went on a series of horrific, anti-Jewish rants on Instagram, Twitter and TV. He insisted he couldn’t ever be truly anti-Semitic, and even if he was, his collaborators would still work with him.

Thankfully, he was dead wrong.

High-profile celebs – including those who used to be his friends and family, have dissociated themselves from him officially, offering their support to the Jewish community at this time. From Kim Kardashian to Hailey Bieber, these are all the people who have spoken out so far:

Kim Kardashian

kanye west anti-semitism

Photo via @kimkardashian on Instagram

In a move absolutely no-one was expecting (but, let’s face it, she had so many opportunities), Kim Kardashian publicly spoke out against her ex-husband on Twitter. On 24th October, she tweeted: “Hate speech is never OK or excusable. I stand together with the Jewish community and call on the terrible violence and hateful rhetoric towards them to come to an immediate end.”

This came after news that Anna Wintour, a long-time friend of Kim and Kanye, has ended her friendship with the rapper and discontinued future projects with him and Vogue.

Florence Pugh

Florence Pugh has continuously advocated for the Jewish community throughout this ordeal. When Kanye’s “Death Con Three” threats led to an anti-Semitic hate rally in the US, the actor called everyone involved out on Instagram.

She wrote: “Absolutely appalling,” next to a photo of a banner which read “Kanye is right about the Jews”.

“Any form of hate speech only encourages it, it grows and spreads like a disease,” Florence continued. “Any whisper of antisemitism is dangerous and needs to be addressed and taken down.”

Singer Banks also shared the image on Twitter, writing simply: “Fuck Kanye West”.

Amy Schumer

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by @amyschumer

Amy Schumer, who is Jewish herself, has talked a lot about the anti-Semitism she suffered growing up. In the wake of Kanye’s comments, she posted a tile on Instagram which reads: “I support my Jewish friends and the Jewish people.”

She elaborated in her caption: “If you don’t know what to post. Let’s start with this. In the comments. Do you know what the Jewish community is afraid this will lead to? 1 in 2 people don’t know the holocaust happened. Stand up. #neveragain”.

Reese Witherspoon

Reese Witherspoon stood in support of the Jewish community on both Instagram and Twitter, posting the following statement: “Anti-Semitism in any form is deplorable. In person. Online. Doesn’t matter where. It’s hate and it’s unacceptable.”

Khloé Kardashian

khloe

Photo via @khloekardashian on Instagram

Posting the same tile as Amy Schumer, which originated via author Jess Seinfeld, Khloe captioned it with two blue hearts. For now, she hasn’t spoken out in any further depth.

Jamie Lee Curtis

kanye west anti-semitism

Photo via the Today Show

Film legend Jamie Lee Curtis was one of the first high-profile celebrities to challenge Kanye West’s heinous views. Shortly after the rapper tweeted his “Death Con Three” rant, Jamie responded with: “The holiest day in Judaism was last week (Yom Kippur, 4th October). Words matter. A threat to Jewish people ended once in genocide. Your words hurt and incite violence. You are a father. Please stop.”

Expanding on her comments on America’s Today Show, a visibly distressed Jamie said: “I burst into tears. Defcon Three on Jewish people? What are you doing? It’s bad enough that fascism is on the rise around the world, but… on Twitter? On a portal to pour that in? As if Jewish people haven’t had it hard enough?”

“I woke up and I thought… my grandparents? It’s abhorrent. I hope he gets help – I hope his children get help. It’s terrible.”

Hailey Bieber

Sharing Amy Schumer’s post on her story, Hailey accompanied it with her own thoughts.

She said: “You cannot believe in god and be anti-Semitic. You cannot love god and support or condone hate speech. To love god is to love people. All people.”