kanye west brands

Okay, here’s a definitive list of every single brand who has cut ties with Kanye West

He’s no longer a billionaire – having lost around £500 million from severed deals

Kanye West has historically displayed horrific views when it comes to women, Black people and Jewish people. But his latest spewing of anti-Semitic hate proved to be the final straw for brands, celebrities, even old friends, across the globe.

After ranting nonsensically on Instagram; the rapper tweeted that he was going to “go Death Con Three on Jewish people”. This wildly dangerous threat led to hate campaigns and pickets against Jews all over the US – and people pressured Kanye’s collaborators to cut ties with him as soon as possible.

Though some may argue it was all too little, too late – brands finally started to listen. Kanye’s hate speech has significantly earned him a major loss in revenue – so, here are all the brands who have dropped him so far:

Adidas

Over the weekend (23rd October), Kanye openly taunted people in a viral video by saying he “can be anti-Semitic and Adidas won’t drop me”. Many organisations, including the Anti-Defamation League pushed for the brand to cut ties with him following his remarks.

In a swift response, Adidas released the following statement yesterday evening (25th October): “Adidas does not tolerate anti-Semitism and other hate speech. Ye’s recent comments and actions have been unacceptable, hateful and dangerous, and they violate the company’s values of diversity and inclusion…

“The company has taken the decision to terminate the partnership with Ye immediately, end production of Yeezy branded products and stop all payments to Ye and his companies.”

According to Forbes, Adidas’ decision had a huge knock-on effect on Kanye’s wealth. In one fell swoop, he officially lost billionaire status and his net worth dropped to £345 million.

Balenciaga and Gap

To think, Kanye’s Balenciaga X Gap collab only debuted a few weeks ago at Paris Fashion Week. The rapper has always had a close relationship with the luxury brand, having frequently worked with their Artistic Director, Demna Gvasalia, previously.

In a jarringly short-and-sweet statement, Balenciaga announced they were ending all association with Kanye on 21st October. “Balenciaga has no longer any relationship nor any plans for future projects related to this artist,” a spokesperson told Women’s Wear Daily.

CAA

Not only has Kanye’s representation dropped him – but the entire agency now refuses to be associated with the artist. The Creative Arts Agency (CAA), which has represented him since 2016, didn’t want to release a statement on the matter, but the news was confirmed by Deadline.

MRC

jeen-yuhs

Photo via Netflix

After the success of Netflix’s Jeen-Yuhs, a documentary about the rapper which came out in January, a second film was commissioned by US network MRC and had actually been completed.

Now, executives Modi Wiczyk, Asif Satchu and Scott Tenley have scrapped it. They released the following statement on 24th October: “This morning, after discussion with our filmmakers and distribution partners, we made the decision not to proceed with any distribution for our recently completed documentary about Kanye West. We cannot support any content that amplifies his platform.

“Kanye is a producer and sampler of music. Last week he sampled and remixed a classic tune that has charted for over 3,000 years — the lie that Jews are evil and conspire to control the world for their own gain.”

Cohen Clair Lans Greifer Thorpe & Rottenstreich LLP – AKA his lawyers

Even Kanye’s lawyers have washed their hands of him. The firm represented him during his divorce from Kim Kardashian in 2021 – but have now confirmed they’re no longer working with him. “I can confirm we’re no longer representing Ye,” solicitor Stephan Cohen said to the Washington Post.

Instagram and Twitter

The rappers heinous social media posts earned him a ban from Instagram and Twitter. While it’s unclear at this point whether the suspensions are temporary or permanent, a spokesperson for Instagram confirmed to Rolling Stone that the reason was for “repeatedly breaking the site’s rules”.