Wait, Ekin-Su straight up turned down an offer to be the next Love Island host?!

We have been ROBBED

Guys, Ekin-Su is saying she was offered the role of being the next host of Love Island, and she turned it down. Tbh, I feel straight up robbed of TV gold.

After the most recent season of the show, host Laura Whitmore announced she was stepping down from the position. It was recently confirmed Maya Jama would be taking over from the next season, this winter. However, things could have been very different – as this year’s winner Ekin-Su has claimed she was offered the position first.

“I did get offered,” she told PopSugar. “I would’ve loved to do it, but I can’t at the minute because of how busy I am. And I said I’m not ready for it.” Ekin-Su was very honest, and said she doesn’t feel as though she has the hosting skills needed for the role. She said she would need “proper training” but has done presenting before, just “not to the level of Laura.”

Love Island 2022 winner Ekin-Su offered job as host of the show

via Instagram @ekinsuofficial

Speaking about Maya taking the role of Love Island host instead of herself, Ekin-Su added: “She’s funny, intelligent, smart, beautiful. ITV has made a good choice with picking her, I think.”

She is busy in the coming months, to be fair. Ekin-Su has just been announced as part of the new series of Dancing On Ice, and she has a travel show with Davide expected in the coming months.

Oh what could have been!

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.