Here’s why girls are talking about red nails all over TikTok, and what it means

Better get stocking up on that red nail polish 💋

The eyes are the windows to the soul, but according to TikTok the nail colour you choose can say a LOT about you, whether it’s red, white, blue or something else. That’s right, apparently your nail colour can show your relationship status and even attract people you fancy, think those traffic light parties but on your nails.

Videos about red nails and the red nail theory have millions of combined views on TikTok, but what actually does it mean and why are people suddenly going red? Here’s everything you need to know:

What do red nails mean and what is the TikTok red nail theory?

Essentially, red nails apparently attract men.

In a TikTok video, where she showed Hailey Bieber having red nails, user GirlBossTown said: “Guys are attracted to red nails because growing up, all of their first celebrity crushes, teachers, their first introduction to females back in the 90s always had red nails. I swear to god, whenever I have red nails guys comment on it. I thought it was, like, a grandma colour, but trust the process.”

Does the red nail theory work? I for one have no idea, but one user showed herself ditching her “most complimented” nail colour in favour of red nails, and then showed her getting a LOT of Snapchat messages. Another TikTok video caption says: “The red nail theory is actually so true”. Try it for yourself and see?

And apart from red, what are people on TikTok saying other nail colours mean?

Okay so who knew nails could say so much?? According to TikTok, white nails means you’re single. Urban Dictionary says white nails can mean you’re “ready to move on to have a fresh start”.

By contrast, blue nails means you’re in a relationship, with TikTok users saying light blue is the colour every single guy picks when you ask them what colour you should paint your nails.

Here are some more TikTok videos of people speaking about the red nails theory:

For more of the best TikTok videos, trends and memes – follow The Holy Church of TikTok on Facebook.