The end date for Love Island 2022 has been revealed and it’s upsettingly close

It’s days away you guys, DAYS

The date of when the final episode of Love Island 2022 will air, and when the show will sadly come to an end, has been revealed. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the series is very, very close to being over!

The final of the show is in just one week, meaning we just have a matter of days before we find out who the new winners of Love Island will be. This comes just as previous winners and reigning champs, Millie Court and Liam Reardon, have announced they have split up.

The date of when Love Island 2022 will end this year and when does the final episode air

via ITV

The end of Love Island 2022 will be on August 1st, according to The Sun. This means this season of the show will have had a full-run of eight weeks. A source said: “There was speculation that ITV might extend the series because ratings have been so impressive this year. But they also know there can be too much of a good thing. With winter Love Island coming back in 2023, bosses want to keep anticipation high and not exhaust the format.”

It has been confirmed that Love Island will have two seasons in 2023, with the winter version returning in January. Director of Reality Commissioning and Controller at ITV2, Paul Mortimer, said: “Love Island has once again proved itself to be the nation’s favourite talking point across the summer, and we’re always blown away by the show’s ongoing impact and talkability amongst our younger audience. So, rather than just serving up a Summer of Love, we thought we’d make 2023 the Year of Love with two full series of the show.”

I’m not ready for it to end!!!!!

Love Island 2022 continues on ITV2 at 9pm tonight. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.