Eddie guitar solo Stranger Things

Omg guys! It was actually Joseph Quinn playing Eddie’s Metallica solo in Stranger Things

He’s been playing since he was a kid😭

English actor Joseph Quinn, who plays Eddie Munson in Stranger Things, has confirmed he was the one playing the guitar in Eddie’s Metallica solo. Eddie Munson quickly grew to be a fan favourite in Stranger Things four. He’s the Hellfire Club leader and high school outcast but unfortunately the Duffer brothers made us fall in love with him before killing him off.

However before his death he played the best heavy metal concert you’re ever going to see in your life. Here’s everything we know about Joseph Quinn killing it on Stranger Things four as Eddie playing his guitar solo.

Apparently the Duffer brothers text him asking if he could play

Joseph said the Duffer brothers text him asking if he could play the guitar. He confirmed he could but at the time he didn’t realise how important it was going to be until he read the script. He told Radio Times: “They texted me and they said, like, ‘Can you play the guitar?’ I said yes. This was about two months into the pandemic, maybe three, and then a month later, they sent me the last script.”

He said: “I was like, ‘Are you serious?’ They were like, ‘Yeah.’ And I thought ‘Okay.’ So I went and bought a guitar and then practised manically for months until we ended up shooting the thing.”

‘I’ve been playing since I was a kid’

Joseph said it was “mostly” him playing the guitar in Stranger Things four. He told Radio Times: “I was trying to be realistic with what I could do. Like I’ve been playing since I was a kid but I’m no virtuoso. So I had most of the song down, but for the solo, we had to fly someone, a black belt metal guitarist, in to help with that. The rest of it? I had a stab at it, yeah.”

He said it was thrilling to do on the day – it was thrilling to watch, bestie!

Stranger Things is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.