johnny depp pirates of the caribbean return

Debunked: So, is Johnny Depp making a HUGE comeback as Captain Jack Sparrow?

Rumours have been flying for days

Earlier in June, Johnny Depp controversially won his multi-million-dollar lawsuit against ex-wife, Amber Heard. He sued the Aquaman star for defamation, after she wrote an opinion article calling herself a “public figure representing domestic abuse.” But now, fans reckon he’s set to make a HUGE Pirates of the Caribbean return.

Depp lost out on a lot of work due to the court battle – including his iconic role in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, Captain Jack Sparrow.

With his return to Hollywood, rumours have been circulating about the future of his character. So – has Johnny Depp actually signed a £300 million deal for a Disney comeback? More importantly, have the directors *actually* written him a personal letter of apology for sacking him in the first place?

jack sparrow

Photo via Disney

A number of Twitter accounts have claimed Depp has received a “personal apology” from Disney, with a “source” reportedly telling PopTropic: “Disney are very interested in patching up their relationship with Johnny Depp. They reached out to the actor prior to his defamation trial… and asked whether he’d be interested in returning for another Pirates film, or two.”

However, Depp’s spokesperson has confirmed this is all false.

They told Metro exclusively that Depp won’t be coming back to the Pirates franchise, and he hasn’t actually received a personal letter from them.

johnny depp

Photo by Jussi Nukari/Shutterstock

Depp was spotted earlier today (28th June) in Paris, filming his first big comeback since the trial.

Not much about his new film is currently known – but it’s thought he’ll play King Louis XV in a project directed by Maïwenn Le Besco.