What are the cast of The Hunger Games up to, 10 years since the film?

The movies have been put back on Netflix!

It has been ten years since the first Hunger Games film hit the cinemas and we all attempted to learn Rue’s whistle song, all while crying our eyes out at Rue’s death scene. The Hunger Games film series had loads of familiar faces from Hollywood, starring the likes of Stanley Tucci and Donald Sutherland.

Three actors that automatically pop into our heads when we think about The Hunger Games films are Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson, the awkward love triangle of our childhood. Since the movie series ended, those who starred in the films have gone onto win Oscars, get married and star in even more film trilogies. Clearly some people just can’t get enough!

Now the movies are on Netflix, everyone is talking about it. So here is everything the cast of The Hunger Games has gotten up to since the first film in 2012:

Jennifer Lawrence – Katniss Everdeen

Katniss Everdeen herself was played by Jennifer Lawrence. Following her Hunger Games fame, in 2015 and 2016 she was listed as one of the world’s highest paid actresses. Since the film series, Jennifer Lawrence has not slowed down one bit. Famously, Lawrence went onto star in the X-Men films as Raven.

In 2013, she won an Oscar award for Best Actress for her role in Silver Linings Playbook. Most recently, Jennifer Lawrence starred alongside Leonardo DiCaprio in Netflix’s Don’t Look Up. In 2019, she married New York City-based art gallerist Cooke Maroney and they welcomed their first child together in May 2022!

Jennifer Lawrence has recently been on everybody’s minds after a trailer for her new movie No Hard Feelings went viral on social media.

Josh Hutcherson – Peeta Mellark

Josh Hutcherson was already a well-known face in Hollywood before starring in The Hunger Games as Peeta. In 2017, Josh Hutcherson starred in the sci-fi comedy series Future Man on Hulu which ran for three seasons. He played the main role of Josh Futturman, who used his gaming skills to save save the world.

A more recognisable part was his role in the 2019 indie crime thriller Burn as Billy. Josh has been with his actress girlfriend Claudia Traisac for nine years after they met on the set of Escobar: Paradise Lost.

Liam Hemsworth – Gale Hawthorne

Pictured is Liam Hemsworth from the hunger games

via Instagram @liamhemsworth

Gale Hawthorne was the heartthrob we all wished we had pining for our affection growing up. Liam Hemsworth, the younger brother of Chris and Luke Hemsworth, went on to star in loads of movies after The Hunger Games. In 2015, he stared alongside Kate Winslet in The Dressmaker, and in 2019 he played role of Blake in the romantic comedy, Isn’t It Romantic with Rebel Wilson and Adam DeVine.

Liam Hemsworth was married to Miley Cyrus for two years before splitting up back in 2020. Miley Cyrus’ most recent single Flowers had a number of easter eggs about her breakup with Liam, and it’s just as juicy as you’d imagine.

Woody Harrelson – Haymitch Abernathy

Pictured is woody harrelson from the hunger games

via Instagram @woodyharrelson

Emmy Award winning Woody Harrelson was already an established actor before starring in The Hunger Games franchise. The 60-year-old played the loveable rogue Haymitch Abernathy. Since The Hunger Games, Woody has starred in both Venom movies alongside Tom Hardy. He also played the main role of Merritt McKinney in the Now You See Me films. In 2008, Woody married his current wife Laura Louie and they have three children together.

Elizabeth Banks – Effie Trinket

Pictured is Elizabeth Banks from the Hunger Games

via Instagram @elizabethbanks

Some may say Elizabeth Banks is well known for playing Effie Trinket, I say it’s for playing the queen that is Gail Abernathy-McKadden in Pitch Perfect. After starring in The Hunger Games, Elizabeth played the lead in comedy Walk of Shame, and in 2019 she starred in the horror film Brightburn. She has been with her husband Max Handelman for 19 years and they have two children together.

Elizabeth Banks has recently had a movie of her own hit the cinemas. Cocaine Bear had everybody obsessed, quite literally because of its name and the story of it being about a bear high on cocaine.

Willow Shields – Primrose Everdeen

via Instagram @willowshields

Willow Shields rise to fame in Hollywood was for her role as Primrose Everdeen, Katniss’s younger sister, when she was just 12 years old. Since the films, she starred alongside Skins star Kaya Scodelario in the Netflix show Spinning Out. She also played the lead role in the fantasy film, Into the Rainbow back in 2017.

Donald Sutherland – President Snow

Hollywood legend Donald Sutherland played President Snow in all The Hunger Games films. Fans of the movie franchise are in luck because in 2023, a prequel to the film series is coming out which tells the story of a young Coriolanus Snow before his reign as president. Since The Hunger Games, Sutherland has featured in multiple films but most recently he starred in the Sci-fi film Moonfall with Halle Berry. He also starred in the crime drama The Undoing as Franklin Reinhardt.

Amandla Stenberg – Rue

via Instagram @amandlastenberg

Now, Amandla Stenberg may have only been in one of The Hunger Games films, but their portrayal of Rue is something of brilliance. In 2015 and 2016, they were included in the Time’s list of most influential teens. Two extremely popular films they played the lead in was the 2018 film The Hate U Give, and Everything, Everything. In 2018, Amandla came out as gay and was dating King Princess, but the two broke up.

Amandla was recently in the comedy horror film, Bodies Bodies Bodies. They starred as the lead as Sophie, alongside Pete Davidson, Chase Sui Wonders and Maria Bakalova.

Stanley Tucci – Caesar Flickerman

via Instagram @stanleytucci

Stanley Tucci portrayed Caesar Flickerman in The Hunger Games films but he was a well known actor before his role in the movies. We mustn’t ever forget the king that was Nigel in The Devil Wears Prada. However, since The Hunger Games, Stanley went onto star in the Transformers movie series, and most recently starred alongside Colin Firth in the romantic drama, Supernova. In 2012, he married Felicity Blunt whom he has two children with. His three other children are with his ex-wife, Kate Tucci.

Featured image credit via Instagram @willowshields, @amandlastenberg and @liamshemsworth.