Will Byers gay

A rundown of every single time the Stranger Things cast alluded to Will Byers being gay

I need answers and I need them now

Stranger Things fans are dead certain on the fact Will Byers could be gay and now the cast have even got involved on sharing their own theories. Back in season one, when Will went missing, Joyce tells Hopper her son has been bullied and his dad used to say he was queer. Even though Will’s sexuality has never really been discussed any further, viewers believe he is written as a queer character. So here’s a rundown of every single time the cast and creators of Stranger Things four alluded to Will Byers being gay.

‘I just want people to watch the final two episodes’

In an interview with TV Line, Matt and Ross Duffer said fans will get clarity on Will’s sexualiy by the end of season four. Matt said: “I just want people to watch the final two episodes. We have new story arcs we have new character arcs. How we structerd the season, we’ve released the first two acts of this story. The final act, which is the last two episodes, resolves a lot of things, both character and story, and then some of it is also setting up for our final season.”

Noah Schnapp says ‘It’s up to the audience’s interepretation’

Will Byers gay Stranger Things

via Netflix

Noah, who plays Will Byers in Stranger Things, said: “I feel like they never really address it or blatantly say how Will is. I think that’s the beauty of it, that it’s just up to the audience’s interpretation – if it’s Will kind of just refusing to grow up and growing up slower than his friends, or if he is really gay.”

‘So many kids out there don’t know and that’s okay’

In the same Variety interview with Noah, Millie Bobby Brown commented on the question: Is Will Byers gay? She says: “It’s 2022 and we don’t have to label things. I think what’s really nice about Will’s character is that he’s just a human being going through his own personal demons and issues. So many kids out there don’t know, and that’s okay. That’s okay to not know. And that’s okay to not label things.”

‘Will’s love towards Mike is a beautiful thing’

Will Byers gay Stranger Things

via Netflix

Finn Wolfhard was aksed whether Will’s feelings towards Mike were romantic or not and he said yes. Finn says: “I think you find out slowly through the season, Will’s kind of love towards Mike, and I think it’s a really beautiful thing.”

There are easter eggs in season four implying Will is gay

In the first episode of Stranger Things four, a girl flirts with Will and he looks completely horrified – fans think this is because he is gay. Also, Will is doing a presentation on an iconic gay mathematician, Alan Turing, for a school project – protect him at all costs.

But above all else, Will seems to be genuinely jealous of Eleven’s relationship with Mike and very in love with Mike. In episode five of season four, Will says to Mike: “Sometimes I think it’s just scary to open up like that, to say how you reall feel, especially to people you care about the most because what if they don’t like the truth?”. Fans interepreted this as Will referring to his sexuality and being scared to tell Mike he’s in love with him.

In a video for Netflix Latinoamérica, David Harbour and Finn Wolfhard discuss theories about Will’s sexuality. David says: “If you’ve been watching the show you should know that Will is not interested in El. He’s interested in someone else in the group.” Finn agrees, saying: “Yeah, you’ll see soon who he’s interested in.” I need volume two right this second.

Stranger Things 4 is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.