Stranger Things four plot holes

Fans cannot get over these major plot holes from Stranger Things four

How does Eleven speak so fluently in those flashbacks?

Stranger Things four, volume one dropped around a week ago and it’s still going strong on Netflix. Fans are absolutely loving it but they’ve been very quick to notice three major plot holes from Stranger Things four. The showrunners have explanations for two of them but one of the plot holes is a genuine error. Here’s a rundown of all the plot holes you might have missed in Stranger Things four, volume one.

Where is Kali in season four?

So Kali was introduced back in season two as Eight. Back in Stranger Things two, Eleven runs away from Hawkins to meet Kali after learning they were both raised in the Hawkins Lab and experimented on by Doctor Brenner. However in season four, we see Vecna (One) kill all the kids at Hawkins Lab, this event is meant to take place years before Eleven and Kali are reunited in season two.

The showrunners of Stranger Things four have said Kali escaped prior to the Hawkins Lab massacre. But she must have escaped way before the season four flashbacks happened because Eight isn’t in any of the experiments. Kali’s unique power is manipulating people through illusion so obviously that’s pretty useful when trying to escape and stay under the radar.

How does Eleven speak so well in the flashbacks?

Stranger Things four plot holes

You don’t need to be a huge Stranger Things fanatic to realise Eleven’s ability to articulate herself well in the flashbacks doesn’t add up. When we first meet Eleven in season one, she barely speaks and really struggles with talking. Everyone in Hawkins who interacts with Eleven basically teaches her to talk. So in Stranger Things four when we see the flashbacks, why can Eleven speak so fluently?

In an interview with Stranger Things creators, the Duffer Brothers, it was explained that the trauma from the Hawkins Lab massacre caused so much distress it made her regress. Apparently the official timeline for Eleven is that she goes into a coma after the massacre and wakes up isolated in the lap.

Will’s birthday goes unmentioned in Stranger Things four

Stranger Things four plot holes

Will Byers is a widely loved Stranger Things character. However fans spotted a big plot hole with his character and we just cannot get over it. We know Will’s birthday is March 22 and in season four, that’s the day Mike, Will and Eleven go to the roller skating rink.

It’s Will’s birthday but you wouldn’t know it because no one mentions it whatsoever. Will is moody throughout the whole episode which fans think is down to people forgetting his birthday but later he says it’s because he feels like a third wheel around El and mike.

Stranger Things 4 is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.