Get to know Tasha, Love Island 2022 star who is the first ever deaf Islander

She’s modelled for ASOS!

By now I’m sure you’re aware, but we’ve been greeted by a bunch of fresh Islanders and Love Island 2022 is kicking off! One of those new faces entering the famous villa is Tasha Ghouri, who is a model and the first ever deaf contestant on Love Island.

She describes herself as wild and loving prosecco, so basically, she’s definitely going to be good fun. She has said her dating life is “trash” and men are usually intimidated by her. So let’s get to know Tasha Ghouri, before we spend every day watching her on Love Island 2022.

A full profile of Tasha Ghouri who is a Love Island 2022 cast member and the first ever deaf Islander

Tasha in her Love Island 2022 promo shoot

Love Island 2022 Islander Tasha is 23 and from Thirsk

Tasha Amber Ghourie is 23 and Thirsk, in North Yorkshire. When asked why she wanted to appear on Love Island, Tasha said: “My dating life has been a shambles. This is an opportunity for me to find ‘the one’ and have a great summer at the same time. I’m definitely ready for a relationship. I’m 23 now so I’m ready to get to know someone, go on holidays and travel with them.”

She is the first ever deaf contestant to appear on Love Island

via Instagram @tashaghouri

Tasha was born completely deaf and her parents found out when she was 12-months-old. She said she would say her friends and family think she’s “inspirational because of my hearing and my cochlear implant. I inspire quite a lot of people because I’m really open about it.”

Before appearing on Love Island, Tasha was working as a dancer and model

Tasha is already pretty well known in the modelling world, she went viral in 2021 as a model for ASOS when shots of her wearing some earrings also showed her cochlear implant. At the time, Sense charity CEO Richard Kramer tweeted: “Well done ASOS for their positive decision to include Natasha, a model with a cochlear implant, on their website. We still have a long way to go but great to see such refreshing & empowering representation & embracing a positive inclusion agenda.”

Tasha has also worked with brands such as Mark Hill and Boux Avenue. She studied at a performing arts college before getting into a dance university. She now says dance is her best talent.

via Instagram @tashaghouri

‘I think guys get quite intimidated by me’

When asked what she will bring to the villa, Tasha said: “I’ll definitely bring my goofiness – I’m so goofy and a joker! I’m also sassy, but I think I’ll just bring myself as a person and I’ll feel like that’s enough!”

She said she thinks she single because she can be intimidating. “I think guys get quite intimidated by me,” she said. “I’ve been on so many dates before but it just hasn’t worked out for me. I haven’t found that click with somebody yet. I think I’m waiting for that click moment and that spark, it’s all about the spark on the first date.”

And what gives Tasha the ick? “A guy that chases after the train,” she said. “If I see a guy legging it to the train, it gives me the ick!” Fair enough.

via Instagram @tashaghouri

She’s a prosecco gal, naturally

When asked how her friends and family would describe her, Tasha said she is definitely wild. “I can get very wild on a night out,” she said. “I’m definitely a party animal. I love my prosecco and to have a dance – I’m always on the dance floor. I’m very loyal to my friends and family, I’ll always have their backs. I’m the type of person to put others before me.”

via Instagram @tashaghouri

She has 33k followers on Instagram, and her account is *vibey*

Right now, Tasha has 33k followers on Instagram. She’s listed as a fashion model and links another account which she uses to raise awareness for the deaf community. On her main account, Tasha’s feed is filled with fun selfies and outfit pics, as well as pictures from her modelling and her on holiday. I want to be best friends with her, right away. Her handle is @tashaghouri.

Love Island 2022 starts on ITV2 at 9pm on Monday 6th June. For all the latest Love Island news, memes, quizzes and gossip – follow The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.