‘This is outstanding’: New Netflix nuclear disaster doc has 100 per cent on Rotten Tomatoes

Adding to my list right NOW

Netflix has just released a new documentary series called Meltdown: Three Mile Island. The four-part show covers the story of the worst nuclear accident in US history, and has gone straight into the top 10 most watched series right now. Reviews of the doc are impressive, and it even has the perfect score of 100 per cent on Rotten Tomatoes.

Known as the Three Mile Island Accident, the incident was caused by mechanical problems and was made worse by plant operators not knowing the severity of what they were dealing with. This resulted in a huge release of radioactivity.

Here’s everything you need to know about Meltdown: Three Mile Island on Netflix, and what reviews of the documentary have been saying.

Reviews of Netflix nuclear disaster doc Meltdown: Three Mile Island and what the series scores on Rotten Tomatoes

via Netflix

Meltdown: Three Mile Island on Netflix is all about the accident in Pennsylvania, US

Meltown: Three Mile Island retells the story of the worst nuclear accident in US history. The incident started at 4am on March 28th, 1979 when a pressure valve failed to close in the Unit 2 reactor at Three Mile Island in central Pennsylvania’s Susquehanna River. The Three Mile Island accident was a partial meltdown of the Unit 2 reactor and the event was a near catastrophe. There are a number of controversies which have followed.

Netflix added: “The gripping four-part documentary series tells the story of ordinary people having the courage to do extraordinary things. Meltdown tackles the near catastrophe at Three Mile Island nuclear power plant in Pennsylvania through the lens of chief engineer and whistleblower, Richard Parks, as well as the community it impacted. Dramatic reenactments, archival footage, never-before-seen home video, and in-depth interviews bring viewers into the worst nuclear incident in U.S. history.”

There were no deaths or injuries recorded after the accident but Three Mile Island is still radioactive today.

via Netflix

People are calling the documentary ‘outstanding’ and it scores the perfect 100 per cent on Rotten Tomatoes

Reviews of the show are pretty much all saying everyone needs to watch this – and it scores 100 per cent on Rotten Tomatoes right now.

Variety reviewed the show, calling it an “elegant job” at telling the story and is “a slow burn of well-controlled indignation”. Decider adds the series is “a detailed account of the harrowing days” and adds “Meltdown: Three Mile Island does a good job of filling in the blanks you may have had for the past 43 years.”

Another person on Twitter called the docuseries “outstanding” whilst others are recommending everyone watch. People who live near where the disaster happened have even said the documentary was “eye-opening” for them.

Watch the trailer for Meltdown: Three Mile Island on Netflix here

Meltdown: Three Mile Island is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.