These are officially the most watched Netflix shows ever, by hours people spent binging

Three have been watched for over a BILLION hours

Netflix has been known to play its cards close to its chest when it comes to revealing how popular the most watched shows are. However, it has become that bit more transparent now it has a daily top 10 list, and now measures the popularity of its shows based on how many hours users spent watching them in the first 28 days after release. It shares these stats on its top10 website, which is regularly updated with any changes.

Here is the full rundown of the most watched shows on Netflix, by hours people spent watching them.

19. YOU season three

Hours watched: 467million

The most watched shows and series ever on Netflix by hours watched

via Netflix

Kicking off the most watched Netflix shows of all time is the third season of YOU. Yes, we are all dangerously obsessed with Joe Goldberg and his murdering ways and we were all hooked on the idea of him moving to wholesome Madre Linda to have a “fresh” start. It was viewed for over 467million hours in the first month of release.

18. Maid

Hours watched: 469million

via Netflix

Maid was viewed for over 469million hours in its first 28 days. It follows single mother Alex, who turns to housecleaning to make ends meet as she escapes an abusive relationship and overcomes homelessness to create a better life for her daughter, Maddy. If you’re not crying by the end of it, I think you might be dead inside.

17. 13 Reasons Why season one

Hours watched: 475million

via Netflix

13 Reasons Why is one of the original big Netflix shows. The first season of Clay listening to Hannah’s tapes was watched for over 475million hours in the first 28 days of release.

16. The Witcher season two

Hours watched: 484million

via Netflix

There are currently two seasons of Netflix fantasy series The Witcher, both of which make the ranking for the most watched shows in history. First up is the second season, which was watched for over 484million hours after its release.

15. Ozark season four

Hours watched: 491million

via Netflix

Ozark has always been a big Netflix hitter, and season four of the Byrdes’s family chaos was the show’s most popular to date.

14. 13 Reasons Why season two

Hours watched: 496million

via Netflix

For some reason, 13 Reasons Why just kept coming back. Season two was even bigger than the first, and was watched for over 496million hours in the first month after it was released on Netflix.

13. Inventing Anna

Hours watched: 512million

via Netflix

Inventing Anna told the almost unbelievable true story of fake heiress Anna Delvey, through dramatised events. Delvey scammed banks, hotels, New York’s elite and even her own friends out of hundreds of thousands of dollars. She pretended to be an heiress with a $60million family fortune, in order to try to convince investors and banks to loan her money for her grand business plan, the Anna Delvey Foundation. The show was watched for over 512million hours in the first 28 days.

12. The Witcher season one

Hours watched: 541million

via Netflix

The Witcher is one of Netflix’s biggest shows, and season one was watched for over 541million hours in the first month after it was released.

11. All of Us Are Dead season one

Hours watched: 560million

via Netflix

After Squid Game, All of Us Are Dead was backed as the show that would fill that hole in our lives – so it’s no surprise it ended up being viewed for over 560million hours. The 12-episode series is huge-budget, and based on the graphic webtoon series Now At Our School by Joo Dong-geun, which was published between 2009 and 2011. It’s set in a high school, and is a coming-of-age drama following a zombie virus outbreak.

10. Lucifer season five

Hours watched: 569million

via Netflix

Of course devilish Lucifer is in here. Season five is the show’s most popular yet, and was viewed for 569million hours in the first 28 days after it was released.

9. Stranger Things 3

Hours watched: 582million

via Netflix

Stranger Things has always and will always be one of the most watched Netflix shows in history. It’s a staple. Watching Eleven and the gang and the creepy goings on in Hawkins and The Upside Down are a rite of passage for anyone with a Netflix account. The third season is *one of* the most successful to date, having been watched for over 582million hours.

8. Money Heist part four

Hours watched: 619million

via Netflix

Part four is the most popular of Money Heist so far, managing to be viewed for over 619million hours in its first month after release.

7. Bridgerton season one

Hours watched: 625million

via Netflix

There was no secret that we all burned for the Duke, and after season one Bridgerton was officially named as the most successful Netflix show to date. Season one was viewed for over 625million hours in the first 28 days.

6.Bridgerton season two

Hours watched: 656million

via Netflix

Bridgerton had beaten its own record, to become the most watched English-speaking show yet again. Season two was watched for over 627million hours in the first month of release so yes, we really are all that obsessed with Kate and Anthony. It’s since had the most watched show title taken away from it, though.

5. Money Heist part 5

Hours watched: 792million

via Netflix

Just before we get to what English language TV show stole the title from Bridgerton, part five of Money Heist has snook in and become one of the most popular non-English speaking shows to date. 792million hours?! I can’t even comprehend.

4. DAHMER: Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story

Hours watched: 800million

via Netflix

Dahmer is officially the most successful true crime drama series Netflix has ever produced. The retelling of the horrendous crimes committed by Jeffrey Dahmer has been watched for over 800million hours.

3. Wednesday

Hours watched: 1billion

via Netflix

Wednesday was in the top watched list before it had even hit its benchmark four weeks for when Netflix measures viewing figures – that’s how well it did. So yeah, there’s still time for this show to get higher in the list, which it’s on track to do. Jenna Ortega era!

2. Stranger Things 4

Hours watched: 1.3billion

via Netflix

Yep, you guessed it! Volume one of Stranger Things 4 is now officially the most watched English TV show of all time on Netflix. It’s not quite at the top of the list, as a certain Korean TV show is higher (you know what’s coming), but the gang have smashed records once again. It’s been watched for over a billion hours, I can’t even comprehend that.

1. Squid Game

Hours watched: 1.6billion

via Netflix

Squid Game completely eclipses any other show, having been viewed for well over a billion hours after its first 28 days. Yep, a billion. The world literally stopped to watch the twisted life or death Korean drama, and season two is coming!

For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.