Mary is now Vice President of The Oppenheim Group, so what does her new role mean?

She’s described it as a ‘headache’ loool

Selling Sunset season five is here, and one of the biggest changes since the previous episodes is that Mary Fitzgerald is now Vice President of The Oppenheim Group. She’s lowkey always been the favourite in the office, but she’s worked there for over 10 years so I think she deserves her credit where it’s due.

But, what does her new promotion and role mean exactly? Here’s a rundown of what Mary is getting up to in the office, and the changes to the group dynamic under her new title.

Mary Fitzgerald is Vice President of The Oppenheim Group in Selling Sunset season five on Netflix

via Instagram @themaryfitzgerald

Mary was announced as Vice President of The Oppenheim Group ahead of Selling Sunset season five

Mary Fitzgerald is now Vice President and Realtor Associate at The Oppenheim Group. According to the company website, she is now working closely with the firm’s President Jason Oppenheim and adding considerable value to the firm’s real estate transactions, property management, and business development.

Her promotion comes because Jason Oppenheim is now focusing a lot on the new office, in the OC, so there needs to be someone to keep an eye on things when he’s not around. Mary is basically his eyes and ears whilst he can’t be around. Speaking to the Mirror, Mary said: “It came about because Jason is spending a lot of time down in the OC office and someone needs to kind of keep order in this office and I’m honoured and just grateful that he trusted me to do it.”

Mary announced the news in April 2022, saying on Instagram: “I have been so excited for you all to find out about my new position as Vice President!! Thank you for all of the kind messages and support 💗 You’ll have to tune into season five to see how to all unfolds.”

via Instagram @themaryfitzgerald

Mary has described her new role as a ‘headache’

It might seem like a pretty good deal Mary’s got, but she has said it’s not all easy. She has admitted to finding keeping control of everyone in the office a bit of headache, which is understandable, given the drama they always have.

“The back part about it is I need to try and keep control of some of the people that are hard to control,” she said. “It’s a headache but it’s also really cool at the same time. For the most part, all of the girls are extremely respectful and super excited for me.”

Season five of Selling Sunset is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.