derry-girls-ages

Here are the actual ages of the cast of Derry Girls

The actor who plays Clare is over double her on-screen character’s age

Derry Girls is back on our screens and I for one am so excited. If you haven’t seen it, it’s set in the 90s in Northern Ireland, following a gang of girls and a wee English fella who are trying to negotiate their turbulent school days. In the latest season we see the group pick up their GCSE results, meaning they all should be around 16. But what are the actual ages of the Derry Girls cast in real life?

Erin Quinn

The show’s highly-strung protagonist, Erin Quinn, is played by Saoirse-Monica Jackson who happens to come from Derry herself.

Jackson is 28-years old and therefore 12 years older than the character she portrays.

Orla McCool

Louisa Harland plays Erin’s ditzy cousin, Orla McCool, who takes everything literally and spends most of her time in the Quinn household.

Harland is originally from Dublin and is 29-years-old.

Clare Devlin

Clare Devlin is intelligent, anxious and always the first one to grass on her own mates. Clare’s played by 35-year-old Nicola Coughlan who you may recognise from her appearance as Penelope Featherington in Netflix’s Bridgerton.

Michelle Mallon

Michelle is the loud mouth of the group whose forever trying to lead everyone astray.

Jamie-Lee O’Donnell plays Michelle and turned 30 in March this year. You may recognise her from her role as a prison officer in Screw.

James Maguire

James is picked on by the girls but he’s a key member of the dysfunctional group. He’s played by 29-year-old Dylan John Llewellyn who’s also been in Hollyoaks.