Kaz says she ‘wasn’t appreciated’ by Tyler as she speaks about their split

‘I was very naive’

Love Island 2021 star Kaz Kamwi has spoken about her breakup from Tyler Cruickshank, who she met on the show. Kaz has said she felt she “wasn’t appreciated” by him, in a YouTube video she uploaded to her channel.

Kaz and Tyler announced their split in December last year, and became the first official couple from their Love Island series to call it quits. Now, in the video, Kaz has said she didn’t “fake” any feelings towards Tyler, but she did feel he didn’t appreciate her.

“The break-up, that situation, right. So obviously I’m single now, I was in a relationship the last time I was on this channel,” Kaz began. “Being single in itself is not an issue, it’s fine. What is really hard is Twitter, oh my gosh that place. When everything happened, even before we confirmed anything, everyone gave their opinions, which you know what I get it. On one hand, I’m like everyone is entitled to their own opinion, that’s fine, a lot of people saw things that I didn’t see at the time.”

Love Island 2021 star Kaz Kamwi has spoken about her split from Tyler Cruickshank

via YouTube

“I learned so much from that breakup and period of time,” she added. “At the end of the day some relationships work, and some don’t and this one just didn’t. I was never faking it, I never acted up online for it, I was very much myself and I was how I would be in any other relationship, so I gave my 100 per cent and I don’t think I was fully appreciated but that’s just life. I was very naïve.”

“I feel like when it all happened publicly, my God. It was really hard when a message was being put out there that basically said you’re not good enough. I found that really hard. I feel like ever since I have come out that has been a massive thing in general. Am I being sensitive? It is just really hard navigating and processing everything. I have lost a lot of my confidence the last couple of months and trying to gain it back it’s a journey.’

via Instagram @kazkamwi

At the of their split, the couple said: “We are extremely sad to announce that we have decided to end our romantic relationship.We have had a fantastic journey and we will always have a special bond between us. We will continue to be very much in one another’s lives and support each other in every way. Life since the villa has been amazing, but it’s taking time to adjust to a new normal in the public eye. This part of the journey hasn’t been easy for us but we’re learning.”

A source added: “Kaz and Tyler have decided to go their separate ways after giving everything to make their relationship work. They haven’t got on as well outside of the villa as they first hoped and the pressure of their fans watching their every move hasn’t made it easy for them either. The romance ended on good terms and they’re still friends, who will support each other in the industry.”

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.