Who is Julia from Below Deck Med and what is she getting up to now?

She’s launched two successful businesses

There have been many iconic reps to grace the high seas as part of Below Deck and Below Deck Med. Who could forget Chief Stew Hannah Ferrier, Captain Sandy or the iconic Chef Ben? One of my all-time favourite Below Deck Med moments has to be when Chef Ben fell into an argument about croissants with stewardess Julia d’Albert Pusey.

In the clip, beef just explodes from nowhere, culminating with the iconic line: “You wanna be the queen of croissants? Like what the fuck do you want from me?”

It was clear the boat life was getting to Julia, and since then she’s quit Below Deck to focus on her business interests. Here’s everything we know about Julia D’Albert Pusey from Below Deck and this is what she’s getting up to now.

Julia now runs not one, but TWO businesses

After working in yachting for many years launched a business called Myrtle and Maude, which creates “vegan, organic and natural products for the pregnancy journey & women’s wellness.”

She’s also working on launching a sustainable swimwear business called Renée.

Julia’s just celebrated her three year wedding anniversary

Julia took to Instagram this month to announce she’s been married to her husband Matty Johnson for three years.

According to Matty’s LinkedIn, he’s a finance contractor with over 15 years in banking. He’s also listed alongside Julia as a co-founder of Myrtle and Maude.

Matty went to Leeds Beckett University, graduating back in 2005.

Meanwhile, Julia went to uni in London

After attending sixth form college in Leeds, Julia went to the London College of Fashion to study tailoring.

As a postgrad, she studied at Central St Martin’s before obtaining a Master’s in Creative Couture in Paris. No wonder she’s looking to put her skills into practice with her new swimwear brand.

She charges £23 for a video on Cameo

below-deck-julia

Julia charges a fairly reasonable £23 for a personalised video message on Cameo. In comparison, Chef Ben Robinson charges an eye-watering £190 per video message. He used to charge £299.99 but has clearly revised his business model somewhat since then.

Julia hasn’t ruled out returning to Below Deck

Asked if she’d return to Below Deck, Julia told The Express: “I may do but I’m in a totally different place in my life and probably a little long in the tooth. I don’t think I’d keep up with the drinking or drama.”

Featured image: Instagram: @juliadalbert