This trend was so cursed, how did we all believe it?
After what felt like the longest day ever, people on Instagram finally clocked that no one is out here planting trees for every pet picture uploaded. It was hard, but we got there in the end. Now all we have left are these excellent memes on Twitter made by people making fun of everyone who believed there was a gardener somewhere in the world planting millions of trees in response to all of the pet pictures uploaded onto Instagram. So here are 17 of the best memes in a roundup:
1. The truth hurts
2. That’s enough activism for the year x
3. How is the gardener meant to live, laugh and love in these conditions?
4. I feel seen
5. Everyone who posted with the intention of planting a tree has given me the ick
6. Deforestation but make it trendy
7. Screaming at Tracy calling Justine a dog
8. Daniel is such a mood in this picture
9. ‘I don’t bullshit and I don’t lie’
10. When will people realise??
11. ‘Next question’
12. The rest of us are done for
13. Going to sleep tonight knowing I don’t have an entire forest to plant
14. She’s so busy
15. Look, it’s a win either way right?
16. This is outrageous
17. Very, very goofy
Related stories recommended by this writer:
• Unpacking the Instagram trend that says someone will plant a tree if you post a pet picture
• So where did this immortal snail meme on TikTok come from and what does it even mean?
• Are you more like Olivia Neill or Flossie Clegg? Take this quiz to find out
Feature image (before edits) by Jan Huber on Unsplash.